1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need advice for priceing 4 lots

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by RichieRich31, Nov 17, 2010.

1. RichieRich31

RichieRich31 Junior Member

Any advice would be kind...
    i have 4 parking lots next to each other.About 100x400 in size, all doctors offices.they will need salt/sanding and all sidewalks done.i figured with a 3-4 man crew 7.5' plow, with sander,1 blower, a few shovels.it will be around 3 hours for each. so i priced it out like so:

1-4" 300 per lot
    4-8" 420 per lot
    8-12" 480 per lot
    over 12" a flat 500 per lot

..i hope im in the ball park, i was trying to compete with another bid that i had no idea
    what they charged...but thats the game.Thanks

2. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

If you can land any account for those numbers, I will come sub for you all winter. I think you are way high. You should be able to do each on of those less than 1 acre lots in less than an hour. So if you figure 1 hour for the plowing, 1 hour for the sidewalk guy, and 10 minutes to salt it, your in and out in just over an hour per lot with 2 guys. No travel time to the next lot with it being right next door, so I would say about 4 and 1/2 hours your in and out of all 4 lots. I have no clue what your costs are, but I would guess with salt/sand included you should b e somewhere around 2 hundred per lot. At least if I plug my numbers into your measurments, I would be very happy with those numbers.

3. RichieRich31

RichieRich31 Junior Member

..hey thanks rc2505, i appreciate your reply very much. well i can always re negotiate/haggle maybe "adjust" my fees.Honestly i havent priced out the sand or salt this year.i live in N.Y. and aint nothing cheap.i realize prices vary across the country and so forth.And i always take the time to do the job right.I plan to salt the all the sidewalks, some are very wide.`the plowing is easy....i should really nail down my sand/salt cost, and recalculate.