1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need advice for my 99 f250 super duty

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by mzamboli, Dec 1, 2015.

1. mzamboli

mzamboli Junior Member

Hello every one i need help, i have a 1999 f250 with a front axle weight of 4000 lbs , but western said for me to get a 8' ft pro plow series 2, it needs to be rated at 4400 lbs, dose any one know if its the axle? or can i just get some beefy leaf springs?? i truck is in really nice shape i don't want to destroy this truck i just want to work it ?! I am trying to expand my plowing this year, and have 2 trucks running, if anyone can help that would be great thanks much!!
  2. JustJeff

JustJeff PlowSite.com Addict

Two threads for the same question?
  3. mzamboli

mzamboli Junior Member

is it costing you money?
  4. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

if you read the other thread instead of just posting a silly comment, you would have seen it was posted in another forum and moved here by a moderator.

you will be fine with the 8 foot plow. i put a 8.5 western pro on my 02.
    the weight difference is in the springs, not the axle. all f250's got the same dana 50 axle in 99
  5. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

Correct. I just went through this with a 1999 F350. Bearings, brakes, axles, diff etc were all the same regardless of springs from factory, but I only had a 4,400 pound rating, and truck had a rake that was more than I wanted. Added a leaf, and I'm running a 9.5 MVP Ultramount.
  6. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Find some "XX" code springs. I have them on mine and there is only 1/2" squat with my heavy diamond 8 footer.
  7. JustJeff

JustJeff PlowSite.com Addict

I didn't think it was a silly comment at all. While scrolling through the "new threads" I saw two threads with the exact same wording, and was trying to politely say that there's no need to start a second thread for the same question.
  8. mzamboli

mzamboli Junior Member

thanks all!!!
  9. agarf421

agarf421 Junior Member

My 2001 F250 has the 4400 lb springs up front and I run a western ultra mount pro plow. I wish I had a pro plus, no need to ruin the ride by installing crazy bumpstops or super stiff springs when you will only be carrying the plow a handful of days a year. I love the soft ride all year long and the springs handle my blade fine, no sag at all.