1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Advice fast, should I buy?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by ProEnterprises, Sep 24, 2009.

1. ProEnterprises

ProEnterprises Senior Member
    from CT

I have a limited opportunity to purchase a truck from a friend who is hard up for cash, here are the details;

He has:
    2003 Chevrolet 2500 Silverado, durmax diesel, allison tranny, LT package, LOADED, all options: leather, onstar, dvd navigation, power everything, strobe system installed, 96k miles, every option on the planet in the truck. Has a frame and wiring for a fisher minute mount 2 plow. No plow included in this deal.

I would have to give him:
    My 2000 f150, 5.4 v8, 73k miles, 4x4, xlt. Good truck, nothing fancy. Also has fisher minute mount 2 hookup and frame on it. Plus I would also have to give $7,000.00 cash.

I have haggled with him for days, and the price is not going any lower. I am torn on what to do, does this sound like a good deal to you guys?
  2. KSikkema

KSikkema Senior Member

in a second! wouldn't have to think about it!
  3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Obviously the GM is much more truck. You don't state what the cab styles are. So you keep your plow, and are going to use it on the new truck? Seems like a fair deal (or better) to me. The DMAX option alone is about 7 grand I believe. That's like moving to a three year newer loaded 3/4 ton for free. Sort of, I guess LOL

Have you gone to Edmunds or KBB to get the truck values?

If you wen't to a dealer today with your truck and 7grand, could you trade into a truck like that? I doubt it.
  4. ProEnterprises

from CT

Thanks guys. I forgot to add, the Chevrolet is an Extended cab, and mine is just a single cab.
    The KBB has the chevy right around $20,000.00 without the plow, and around $22,000.00 etc with the plow.

And yes, I would be keeping my fisher 7.5 to use on the Chevy.
  5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

If you need/want a bigger truck and a diesel, go for it.
  6. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Thats an above average trade. Yours is worth what....$6k or so....add another $7k....$13k deal. Now, your keeping the plow, just not the stuff truck side right? Thats still an ok deal, even in this economy. I would make it contingent on a mechanics inspection, just to show both of you what you are getting......CT has inspection laws right? Trade trucks for a day and go for a sticker. Pull the mechanic aside and ask him to be really thorough. All in all, I would jump at it.

OMGWTFBBQ Member

aside from that I Would take the vin to The Diesel Place forums and you can see any dealer service and recalls that have been done or are outstanding. Those forums are killer if you are even thinking about buying a Duramax.

Main page: http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/index.php
    Vin check page: http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=72
  8. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

id jump on that deal i think your friend is getting the short end of the stick not you.
  9. ProEnterprises

from CT

BTW-he just added the following to the deal: Good condition SNowEX Sand Pro tailgate sander 1075 everything included and a huge ariens snow thrower, the real highend one with the motorized chute.

How does this sound?
  10. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Why are you here telling us? Go get it! Post pics.
  11. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

..........x2 :nod:
  12. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

or.........tell me his number and address. I'll be there before he is sipping his first coffee with cash in hand.