1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Advice (Deadline Monday Morning) Multiple Sites

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by John143, Sep 28, 2012.

1. John143

John143 Senior Member
    from NEPA PA

First let me say I'm new to Google Earth so bear with me as I upload one site at a time.

Now down to business. I just got these 4 sites in today. Right now I'm out of town and won't be back until Wednesday. Unfortunately, I don't have someone competent enough to look these sites over for me. So I'm hoping with some help from the great member's of this site and Google earth I can come up with some per-push prices to have faxed in first thing Monday, morning before the 10am deadline. I understand and I respect all of the members on here with regards to pricing. Please PM me if you don't feel like posting your thoughts.

Now i do know my costs per-hour to run my business and with an average around 28 plowable times per-year I do have a good idea on where my per-push price should be. So why am I asking for help? Simple, as said early I'm new to Google earth and never looked at a site on Google earth and then drove to the site to see what the actual difference was. So with that being said my price for a said lot may be way off the chart. I don't mind going over but I sure and hell don't want to under price anything. I tried to compare some lots we already have next to the ones up for bid but I'm having a hard time coming up with a price id feel comfortable handing in. Everything looks so BIG on Google earth.

The information I need for the bid is: per-push 0" to 2.99" next 2.99" to 5.99" next 5.99" to 10". No side walks. 1.5" trigger. Thoughts??

So here we go........

site1.jpg

2. John143

John143 Senior Member
    from NEPA PA

Here is the next site up for bids....

site2.jpg

3. SuffolkPlower

SuffolkPlower Junior Member

you get 28 plowable events in Scranton?

4. John143

John143 Senior Member
    from NEPA PA

Here is site number 3

site3.jpg

5. John143

John143 Senior Member
    from NEPA PA

Last on this list....

site4.jpg

6. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

My thoughts are that any reputable company wouldn't ask someone for a bid on a Friday and need it by Monday. I couldn't imagine being treated like that.

7. John143

John143 Senior Member
    from NEPA PA

Yes I agree. However, it was put to me like this... We have these 4 sites available in your area for bid. We noticed your company on SIMA, and would like to know if you would like to submit a bid before the deadline on Monday. It is short notice but would like to at-least give you the opportunity.

So with that said "opportunity" came a knock-en and our season has alot of empty spots and we have a few new toys to pay for so any little bit will help. payup

8. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

www.findlotsize.com. Go to this site. It uses Google Earth images, but has measuring tools that you can use to get an idea on the size of the lot.

9. John143

John143 Senior Member
    from NEPA PA

Thank You!! Very much my friend! Sounds like just the thing I need..... going to check it out now.. Thanks again.

10. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Wow, that link is really cool. Thanks for posting it.

John143 - Good luck with the bids. Hopefully you'll hit the right numbers.

11. born2farm

You guys are welcome. I use that website a lot to get an idea of what im in for before visiting a lot.

12. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge PlowSite Veteran
    from NJ

Dude,

You're the best ! Awesome site... Thumbs Up

Thanks a million.

13. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

Been using that site for many months, it is awesome.

I would never bid that large of sites without visiting them at least once. Deadline or not. Google Earth or not. findlotsize or not.

Nothing personal, but that's just nuts. Ask for an extension.

Along with the other guy, how do you get 28 pushes with an average of 30"? Found one other that said 46". My average is way above both and average pushes are way less. Using a 1" trigger.

14. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Google earth has measuring tools, that that site does save time by not having to do all the math...i like it!

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  15. born2farm

I've never used the measuring tools on there. I prefer the sight I posted. Can you only measure straight lines on Google Earth?

16. Nutz4Plowing

Nutz4Plowing Member

NE Pa and 28 plowables?

How did you get that figure of 28 plowables in a year?
    Are they USM sites?
    Weird deadline if comming from nationals, even for them..
    Go high they must not have gotten any action bids, whatever you go add 10%
    Find lot Size is awsome, been using it for a while, but an inspection on sites that size would definately need be required for me to ever put numbers in.
    Good luck and remember the vehicles from google may or may not be accurate to recent or future activity.
    Im in NE PA near you and not sure about that 28 plowable number. you are in a 45-48 average area. Just saying, I would check those numbers
    Again, good luck.

17. John143

John143 Senior Member
    from NEPA PA

Sorry all about my snow fall totals being off. I was in a hurry the other night typing and posting. At the end of the day I decided not to put in a bid. To many "what if's" so I pasted. But I would like to thank everyone for their input. Also love that web site you posted!! Very useful.

18. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

You're smarter than most others.