1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Advice about billing and bidding jobs

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by FeelLikeANumber, Oct 26, 2005.

1. FeelLikeANumber

FeelLikeANumber Member

Finally got my first plow truck. It's an 89 GMC Jimmy with a meyer plow. Its about damn time, ive been searching for about two months with no luck. But long story short, im ready to plow snow this winter for the first time. I already have some inerest sparked up around town just by my word of mouth advertising. Im just waiting for my business cards and flyers to be printed. My big problem is I have no clue about the billing and contracts for jobs... I.E. what computer program to use and what they should look like. I dont want to send the customer some contract that looks like a fourth grader typed it up. I am stocked up on salt, spreaders, shovels and everything else. I have determined what im going to charge per push, shovel, salt, or any combonation of the three. I just want my paperwork to look its best, so if somebody could send me an example of what their contracts/bids and bills look like, and/or recommend what comp. prog. is the best to use it would help greatly. -Thanks Scott .... BigDaddyBoodt@sbcglobal.net

2. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Welcome to plowsite. :waving:
    I use Blizzard Buster for billing. Sending you an email now.