1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need a wiring diagram

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by RBRONKEMA GHTFD, Dec 21, 2010.

1. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Hey guys, I am going to be helping out a buddy of mine put a old school western on his truck. The pump is cable driven, and it stays on the truck. Just the blade comes off the truck. Just curious what I need as far as a switch goes to switch the truck lights to the plow lights. The parking lights are easy along with the blinkers. The truck is a 88 or 89 Chevy silverado reg cab short box. It had 4 head lights. This is not the truck, but this is what the front end looks like. Thanks guys.

0904trweb_01_z+1989_chevy_silverado_project+front.jpg

Last edited: Dec 21, 2010
  2. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

3. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

That should work. I will check it out. Depending on cost I will just tell him to buy the harness, if they still make them that is. haha.

4. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

easy to make one yourself..Save the money.........You can by the wires, connectors, and switch from any auto parts store.

5. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

That is what I would do also , truck wiring runs down the inner fender on the drivers side, I usually tap in there , Lt Brown and Lt green are the two wires you want as they lead to the headlights.

TOM