Snow Plowing Forum banner

need a western mount expert -->uni mount

5K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  m.$terner 
#1 ·
Can anybody tell exactly what this fits by looking at it. I know its a western uni mount mount and i thought it fit 99-06 GM trucks but i tryed mocking it up on an 04 chevy the other day and couldnt seem to see where it would work at ? I saw on ebay someone listing one that only fit 99-03 trucks.perhaps that it what i have? are these specific to 1/2 ton trucks are does the same mount fit 1/2 ton ,3/4 ton , and 1 ton trucks?? need some help so i can figure out what i got here and what it fits.if anybody needs more info such as measurements or more pics just let me know.Thanks to anyone who can share there knowledge

See less See more
#3 ·
what makes you think its for a 2500 and up and not complete?. ive been on western publications numerous times but its very unclear. everything there says 99 and up but ive seen several ads for people selling them stating 99-03 and 04 -06/07 are different. and the 1/2 and 3/4 or 1 ton mounts look exactly the same so how can you tell them apart?

#5 · (Edited)
99-later 2500/3500 Chevy , P/N 63360-1.

It will fit your '04 with a slight modification to the bumper bracket where it welds to the front frame horn. I.E, a bit of trimming.

http://library.westernplows.com/ddcommon/dd_pdf/pdfs/63358_061502.pdf

m.$terner;1144773 said:
what makes you think its for a 2500 and up and not complete?. ive been on western publications numerous times but its very unclear. everything there says 99 and up but ive seen several ads for people selling them stating 99-03 and 04 -06/07 are different. and the 1/2 and 3/4 or 1 ton mounts look exactly the same so how can you tell them apart?
The 1500 mount rear bracing angles up in the rear , the 2500/3500 mounts under the front crossmember.

It appears from your pictures it is missing the 2 U shaped rame reinforcment's and the lower mounting points for the plow, no big deal, any dealer or online resource should have them.

TOM

#6 ·
Nasty-Z;1144818 said:
99-later 2500/3500 Chevy , P/N 63360-1.

It will fit your '04 with a slight modification to the bumper bracket where it welds to the front frame horn. I.E, a bit of trimming.

http://library.westernplows.com/ddcommon/dd_pdf/pdfs/63358_061502.pdf

The 1500 mount rear bracing angles up in the rear , the 2500/3500 mounts under the front crossmember.

It appears from your pictures it is missing the 2 U shaped rame reinforcment's and the lower mounting points for the plow, no big deal, any dealer or online resource should have them.

TOM
What Tom said.

Chad

#7 ·
alright I understand this now. The u pieces are cheap and i got a picture off the web of how it looks like they go inside the frame rails. and the plow mount pieces i may actuallly have. need to look for those. however it also seems im missing the plate that sits underneath the frame rail.the one bolt # 11 goes through. i do not see a part number for that though and its not on the plow mount i have but does not look like it was cut either.anybody else notice that? and its for 99-06? gm 3/4 and 1 ton trucks.

#8 ·
Technically the mount you have fits 99-02 2500 and 3500. Thats not to say that you can't use it on 03-06. the mount was revised for 03-06 with minor changes like the plate on the bottom and more trimmed of the ears on top to accomodate the bracket on the frame. You can use that frame you'll just have to trim the mount to fit up to the bottom of the frame.

#9 ·
ok. it wasnt for me though, i need a 88-98 mount so ive been trying to sell this one or trade for the one i need. my only question is I thought the 99 and 00 3/4 ton and one ton trucks were alll the classic style? this fits those and the new body style 01 and 02 trucks? and i found the pieces i was missing, they were in the box with the lights

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.