1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need a Western conventional Mount for 1981 f250...will Fisher conventional work?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by BBF-350, Oct 18, 2012.

1. BBF-350

BBF-350 Junior Member
    from MA

I know this has probobly been asked a hundred times, but i cant seem to find it when searching. Bought a complete 6.5ft wester conventional cable plow setup off a toyota that is in excellent shape and works mint for its age. Im having trouble finding the truck side of the mount for my truck , an 1981 f250. I know that western and fisher stuff is interchangable in some cases. Just wondering if someone can verify the info i remember. The smaller (less than 7ft) fisher mounts should fit the western blade (width between two pins is 21"?) but the larger (8ft and up) fisher mount is wider correct? Trying to help a friend out by setting up this truck to plow to make some money as he has fallen on hard times. Anyone have a conventional western mount to fit this truck ...im in MA. Any info on the topic would be great, thanks