1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need a welder in ri

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by k-20 work horse, Jan 24, 2008.

1. k-20 work horse

k-20 work horse Member

Hey guys looking for a fellow plow site member in the ri area. i need about 10 welds on the exhaust of my truck. I hate exhaust clamps and i hate exhaust leaks even more! will help u out with some cash case of beer fluid film lol etc etc thank you

2. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

3. Sharpshooter77

Sharpshooter77 Senior Member

Were abouts in rhode Island are you? I was down in Coventry today, Let me know,

Shane

4. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

5. k-20 work horse

k-20 work horse Member

sharp shooter in in johnston before i need welding done i need to get the cast iron manifolds off all the heads of the bolts snapped when i put about 5 ft. lbs on them?????? but the manifold wont slide off? im stumped and need to get this truck on the road im thinking accetilene (sp?)

6. Sharpshooter77

Make sure that you got no more bolts holding it on and if try giving it a few whacks will a dead blow hammer, be carful not to break or crack the manifolds if you plan on keeping the old ones and reusing them.

7. k-20 work horse

k-20 work horse Member

all 6 bolts heads are off, and ive beat the sh*T out of the manifolds i dont care if they break into a million pieces cuz i have a sweet pair of flotech headers for it. but im straight stumped as to y they wont come off.

8. Sharpshooter77

That is very werid that they will not come off, Have you tired heating them up with a torch. Also this is a shot in the dark but make sure no one has tried to weld or braze the manifold to the block. Send me your address and I will give ya a hand tomarrow if ya want.