1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need a web address

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by matthew Urban, Jan 10, 2002.

1. matthew Urban

matthew Urban Senior Member

I tried the search,

to no avail.

Last winter, I think, someone posted a web site that would give yearly average's for snow, temp etc.....for any area(Western Mass. to be more accurate).

Does someone know what this site was?

Thanks,
    matt

2. PINEISLAND1

PINEISLAND1 PlowSite.com Veteran

3. matthew Urban

matthew Urban Senior Member

PINEISLAND1,

thanks, weather base was the one I was thinking of.
    I just couldn't remember the name.

thanks again,
    matt

4. Mike Hughes

Mike Hughes Member

The accuweather link seems to be the best, because it breaks it down to an individual month, and not just the average of forty some years...........even tells you how much precipitation on any given day in that month........pretty cool.

5. Waterchikn

Waterchikn Senior Member

Wow. Thats cool. I didn't know they had websites like that. I tried the accuweather one. Thats sweet. Could you use that information in a distpute with an account? I have never had a problem with someone accusing me of pulling the trigger alittle early, but was just wondering..

6. rick barnes

rick barnes Member

BIG THANKS
    PINEISLAND1

Have been looking for this info , couln't stumble onto it myself.
    Interesting sites, still don't help with the no snow we'er having this year.

But as I say 'READY TO PLOW"

Rick Barnes

7. PINEISLAND1

PINEISLAND1 PlowSite.com Veteran

waterchickn-

I have been printing them out and saving them for just that reason. The only problem here is that with lake effect, it varies so much from one side of town to the other.

8. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

I print out all forecasts related to snow\ice events in case questions come up about what & why we did anything. Like waterchikn said, I haven't had any problems like that yet, but I have the info should anything happen.