1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need a uni mount for new dodge 2005

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by cameo89, Dec 8, 2007.

1. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

Hello, I have a 2005 Dodge ram 1500 with a old Boss RT2, Boss does not make a mount for old RT2 plow and this truck so I prefabed my own from one for a 2000 chevy/GMC, now I'm looking @ a Western uni-mount and I'm seeing that western does not make this mount(I DO NOT want to buy a ultra mount $655.00 and a ultra to uni mount converter $420.00 total= $1075.00 TO MUCH!!!), has any one found a unimount from chevy,dodge,ford,ect. that can be modified with out to much work to fit late 2002-2005^ dodge 1/2 ton, any help that any one could give me would be very helpful.
    Thank you,cameo89

2. ahoron

ahoron Senior Member
    from here

check ebay I got mine for a gmc for $200 delivered. good luck

3. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

Yah i would say ebay would be the best place to check. You got any pictures of your truck with the plow on?

4. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

LIKE I SAID WESTERN DOES NOT MAKE THIS MOUNT ANYMORE, THE LAST YEAR FOR UNIMOUNT ON A DODGE WAS 2001 OLD BODY STYLE

5. Dodge Plow Pwr

Dodge Plow Pwr Senior Member

You should call around to diiferent dealers because thos eprices you have are high. I had no choice to run the Uni to Ultra adapter kit as I also have an 05 Dodge and am using the plow from my 98. You will also need to convert the wiring from the 9 pin to the 12 pin (white dot) headlamp kit which also needs the different wiring harness. Hind sight for me would to be, buy a new plow for my year truck and sell the other on ebay. I just saw an adapter kit and an ultra mount for the newer Dodge on ebay this week.. Cheap. Good luck.