1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need a Solution to take a leak

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by turboplow3, Dec 6, 2010.

1. turboplow3

turboplow3 Junior Member

I need a solution to save my arms and back. And to take a leak or piss, i know thats the only reason why most of you clicked on this thread.

Okay Ive done snow removal of some sort my whole life but this is only my second year running a plow truck. So this year I got a new job and my new boss gave me a 96 Chevy k1500 stepside with a hinker plow. Trucks in damn good shape for a 96 plow truck. But, my problem is the spreader he has on it is a hitch mount style. Now my toro 141cc snow blower is a pain in my ass to get in and out of this truck. I cant put the tailgate down so am forced to throw it in and out of the side. Now im not a super man but I defn am stronger than the average guy. I normally have no problem or fatigue from being able to put the tailgate down to take it in and out. But, I see in my future a big snow storm where my arm are going to feel the burden of this task.

Now i only take it out for 4-5 accounts (ones with say 100-300max ft of sidewalk) but in a big snow I will use it for most. I can always get in my truck and lower it over the edge but I want a better solution that is more time efficient. I thought about a tailgate net but the snow blower is to wide to get through as it is a stepside and has a smaller rear bed. The hard part is lifting it out. I thought about making a box say 6' tall to to house it with sides to keep the snow blower sliding out. just helps with the first few inches of this damn dead lift.

Any other ideas? any?

P.S. any good ideas how to take a piss. not many gas stops on my new route and mostly big suburban drive ways. No where to even hide. Gatorade bottles and pretending to do something in the truck bed has saved me.

2. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

open the door face the front of the truck and piss toward the front tire

3. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

Piss in a bottle like the big riggers do!!!

4. hairygary

hairygary Senior Member

I second this

5. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

" Sure, you can have a drink, but that's not gatoraide. "

6. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

This is just a example of one. There are other types but they are real back savers and you will find other uses for it.

Truck Bed Hoist

truckhoist.jpg

AS far as taking a whiz, as others have said. open door and look at drivers pass by. I even wave sometimes!

truckhoist.jpg

7. 496 BB

496 BB Senior Member

Beat me to it. Exactly my thoughts. Easy to fab on up too since blower not all that heavy.

As for the piss....steal some of your grandmas Depends.

8. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

Put a flatbed, stake pocket bed on it and build some removable sides.

That or come up with some swing away system for the hitch for the salt spreader so you can access the back of the truck.

[​IMG]

9. snowtech

snowtech Member

dont know how much time you want to put into this but you could weld up a platform and either bolt it or weld it to the hitch fram and have it come out beside the salter. you would want the platform a bit higher than the spinner but would still be a lot lower than the side of the bed. and prob cheaper than a lift.

10. bighornjd

bighornjd Senior Member

Bolt a toilet in the bed. You can piss in it and put the snowblower on it - both problems solved.:laughing:

I usually just do the door trick to piss as well. Try to stop so the truck blocks the most likely viewpoints. My stepbrother is an electrician, thier work van has a hole drilled in the floor in back with a large funnel ziptied to the shelving and an old piece of garden hose running down through the hole. Nice feature when working in upscale residential neighborhoods on new houses where there is no bathroom, no place to hide, and the porta potties are nasty as heLL from the Mexicans on the jobsite.:bluebounc

11. turboplow3

turboplow3 Junior Member

now i have a new purpose for my old beer bong! thanks bighornjd. and a toilet in the bed would solve my problems,

12. Plow the lot first n pull the truck up to ur pile lift it out onto the pile n do just the opposite when putting it in

13. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Yup........

14. shooterm

shooterm Senior Member
    from Midwest

I always get yelled at I'll piss in the middle of main st with no problems. Its a art but for the most part unless your staring at my dong you'll never know I'm going either. :)

15. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

thats what i do...or if its night time and nobodys around just pee on the side of the road

16. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

I've done that too lol. Just go wherever sometimes if its the middle of the night. Or just step into a dark spot around a house or building. I've got a few places I go to sometimes if it's day time, or on my mowing route. I just hold it until I get a chance to get to my spot.

17. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Haha me too, I've stopped at a regular account just b/c there's a pee spot if I'm passing through and have to go bad enough. Even if I don't need to stop there for anything. :blush2:

18. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I'll second the Depends.

Keep lifting it over the side, its great excersize.

19. .5racer

.5racer Senior Member

You stated it was a stepside . Any idea, you could get a fold out hook on ledge for the blower . Then when done fold up out of the way for daily regular use.Be no worse than a orange cooler hanging out there.