1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need A Solution For Salt Spray

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by shoeman68, Dec 29, 2013.

1. shoeman68

shoeman68 Member

Does anyone have a solution to the problem of salt spray covering the passenger side of your plow truck?

I have a 8.5 foot blade, and it seems a lot of spray as you drive gets carried off the plow extending beyond the truck. Maybe fender well extenders?

Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks!
  2. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Wash your truck......

Its winter, deal with it!
  3. vlc

vlc Senior Member

I just power wash after every storm
  4. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

^^^ +1 I too pressure wash all equipment after every snow event. Bout all a guy can do. Winter be winter. :gunsfiring:
  5. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

Yep. After every storm (within 24 hours) I take the truck to a wash. Hose everything down from plow to gate. Bubble brush. Rinse. Costs about $10. I'd say it gets 90% of the crud off of it. I see these guys running around a week or two after and the trucks have layers of salt on em. I don't get it man......trucks and plows cost way too much money for that treatment.

I also fuel the truck before washing it as well. That way, the next storm, all I gotta do is unplug and go.