1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need a snow plow, but what kind

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snowlover4u2, May 26, 2009.

1. snowlover4u2

snowlover4u2 Junior Member

I own a Landscaping business in virginia and am looking for a snow plow for my 2008 Tundra, I added extra leaf springs in the rear and stronger coil springs in the front. I have plowed before in Colorado and am thinking in the winters to go and plow out there.

I am looking for a decent plow, not a poorly built one but not the top of the line. What do you all recommend?
  2. K&N Snow

K&N Snow Member

I love my western pro plus with wings I run them on my built Tahoes and they are great.
  3. snowlover4u2

What is the typical price for a plow and everything installed
  4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Dealer support is MORE important then plow brand.
    Figure around $2000 for a decent plow and mount.
  5. snowlover4u2

Hey where can I get a plow for around 2000 everywhere I have called said it would be between $4500-$5500 for a 7.6 foot and they said you cant get wings for it.
  6. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

ebay ... craigslist
  7. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

You looking at new ones?
    If you want used then try what Icey said or check the classifieds.
  8. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

If you want a plow for $2000 or less your going to have to buy a used one.
  9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I've installed 29 series Snoways on those with great success. The problem is going to be finding one for 2K:D
  10. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

I see you are located in Va....give us a call maybe we can help you 1-877-361-2227
  11. Skid Mark

Skid Mark Member
    from ny

i don't think a tundra could plow that much but i recomend a western mid weight so its not so much stress on the truck let me know how it goes.

from OHIO

I just bought a new myers mid weight and getting ready for the snow to fall.
  13. JCI Trans

JCI Trans Senior Member

It would be quite intersting to see what would happen to a truck driving from VA to CO with a plow hanging off the front all the way, i hope you have a small trailer or a forklift to put it in the bed
  14. GK Snow Removal

GK Snow Removal Member

if you want 1 for less than 2 grand you will need a used 1 and then you would want to restore it cuz who knows if there is rust buildup or anything like that