1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need a snow blower. Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by tjcezar, Nov 15, 2007.

1. tjcezar

tjcezar Member

I need to buy a snow blower for some of my accounts. Most are small but I do have one large account with approx. 4 city blocks of 4' wide sidewalks. Any suggestions. I did think about mounting a small snow blade from say a retail store and mounting it to my 36" walk behind mower (pretty powerful and heavy). These walks get cleared every 2-4" so the snow should never get too deep.

small single stage blower so one man can get it out of the truck himself (all of our trucks have salters on back)?
    or larger 2 stage thrower?

2. ptllandscapeIL

ptllandscapeIL Senior Member

I looking at the snapper single stage(not sure on moodels) my deal where i buy all my equipment loves them you can also never go wrong wiht the toro areins has goen way down hill

3. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

Toro CCR 3650

4. itzkcatz

itzkcatz Member
    from CT

Def go with a 2 stage, You might not need it butits nice to know if for some reason it collects to 8 inches you have the power to throw it out of the way

5. Duracutter

Duracutter Senior Member
    from Canada

The toro 3650 or it's new model for the year can go into 8" or even a foot. Been there, done that, and it'll throw it over 20 to 30'.

:)

6. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

Toro 3650 2 Stroke!

7. heather lawn spray

heather lawn spray PlowSite.com Addict

yup. . . .

8. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

For a one truck one man operation; salt, plow and blow on a rig, def run a single stage toro or simular. At home have an older two stage blower to double back with after the monster storms.

9. tjcezar

tjcezar Member

what is the productivity on on a Toro 3650 on say 4' wide sidewalk @ about a 4" depth (how many feet per hr, etc.)?

10. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

4city blocks is a lot of snow blowing when i had a large acount with alot of side walk i used a 4x4 atv with a plow . or maybe a tractor with a blower if you remember st patty' s day storm snowblower were useless.

JR

11. tjcezar

tjcezar Member

I am definately thinking about the 4x4 atv w plow. My problem with that is getting it there and leaving it on site at each storm.

12. topdj

topdj Senior Member

I bought Honda HS520AS My wife wont use a 2 stroke she dont like the smell of burning 2 strokes like I do. LOL I have to go out of town sometimes and she is stuck snowblowing so I had to get something light in a 4 stroke.
    Engine GC160
    Displacement 160 cc
    Starting System Electric
    Fuel Capacity (gallons) .3
    Operational Capacity per tankful (approx.) 1.6 hrs.
    Drive Mechanism Manual, Auger-Assisted
    Clutch Type Auger
    Wheel/Track n/a
    Stages 1
    Chute Turning Radius 220°
    Clearing Width 20"
    Clearing Height 12"
    Discharge Distance 26'
    Tons per Hour 55.0
    Dimensions
    (L x W x H) 49.5" x 20.7" x 40.8"
    Dry Weight 87.2 lbs

13. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

i used my backup truck for caring the quad . didnt even put the plow on the front

just used it for transportation. whats your area .

JR

14. tjcezar

tjcezar Member

We are right outside of Reading, PA.