1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need a salt spreader

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Sydenstricker Landscaping, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Okay guys I need a salt spreader for my truck. Tailgate mount, dont care if it is swing away mount or hitch mount. Not too concerned with kind Snow Ex, Meyer, Boss, etc. Would like it to be complete with at least a contoller of some sort. Looking to spend less than a grand too preferably between 500-800, have cash in hand. Would like it to be in working order as well. I will also travel within reason, but no more than 200 miles. If anyone has something like this, please PM me, or email Tom@SydenstrickerLawns.com Thanks guys!!

2. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

hey

hey i have a buyers low profile tail gate sander lookin for 650 includes all wiring and controls

3. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

i have buyers hitch mount low profile.comes with everything.holds 700 lbs and works like a champ.only used one and a half seasons.700 and it is yours.it is close also.

4. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Tom, I got one Ill Sell you

5. btammo

btammo Member

PUt up pics and price of the available ones....

6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Only used once or twice, like brand new and because your a freind, I'll give you a great deal. Tom you can probably buy it with Applebee's gift certificates.

7. Burkartsplow

do you need one also?

8. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

here u go

heres a pic 061.jpg

061.jpg

9. btammo

btammo Member

Yeah guess so. Was going to go with box salters, but cant get bulk salt this year from suppliers.

10. btammo

btammo Member

Does that Buyers have an auger in the throat? I assume it is direct drive but where is the motor located on that?

11. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

How did you know?

12. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

Yes

Yes there is an auger and the motor is inside covered by a poly and stainless steel housing

13. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo Senior Member

I need one too. Live local.

14. Burkartsplow

I will get a pic of mine up later today. it is older, but not used much.. good shape...

15. btammo

btammo Member

Can you email me some recent pics of your spreader?

16. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

sure

i will do so as soon as you can give me your email

17. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

you can get a buyers suv for $500 at sohars . i've used one for a year it works great only holds 300 pounds . but how much salt dose a drive take lol

18. btammo

btammo Member

19. Scott's

Scott's Senior Member

20. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Well I am getting one from Clapper. Thanks to all who replied with spreaders!!