1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need a pump bracket

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by smokejumper0902, Dec 26, 2010.

1. smokejumper0902

smokejumper0902 Junior Member

I need a pump bracket for a older style fisher plow, I have a 97 Chevy, 5.7L with AC. I have a old hydraulic set up as well as the electric hydraulic. They are NOT MM. I have everything else but missing the bracket for the pump. I am hoping not to have one made up but to find someone who has one laying around. Mitch 802-245-4045
  2. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

wow are you lookin for a ultra rare item.

your best bet is go electric or custom made bracket.
  3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

4. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

I just might have that bracket.Here's the scoop---It was on my old style 88 V30 with a 350,w/o AC,I believe the pump either said Fisher or the company that makes the pump for Fisher and the truck had a heavy 8' Diamond plow with I believe old Fisher controls.I also have the pulley that went on the crankshaft harmonic balancer.
  5. rooferdave

rooferdave Senior Member

how much is something like that worth? I think I have one, I can get a picture when the yard opens monday or tues,
  6. sweetk30

hay guys dont forget gm went to vortec motors in 96. so the 95 and older stuff wont fit. totaly diffrent serp belt drive system and brackets.

not tryin to make a no sale . but like he said he has a 97 truck that will be a vortec motor.

had my truck with 87-95 style 350 tbi serp belt next to my buddys truck old body 00 crew cab as he was tryin to fit a 9ft fisher with live hydro on it. wasnt gona work. way to much had to be done.

and lookin at the link posted pics that looks like my style up to 95 motor. and yep its bolted to the 96-up but not like it would be if correct with multi point bracing.
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2010
  7. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Crank pulley bolts up on top of the GM factory pulley on the crank and the plow pump sheave lines up with that,it's still not only done for the rare engine mounted snow plow pump,but other type applications also for powering another type of hydraulic device or something like an underhood air compressor.No serpentine belts needed-just old fashioned V belts with a manual adjustment.
  8. sweetk30

i know all of that. but if this guy is wanting 100% bolt on its not a easy find at all.

my friend tryed for a month and gave up. sold the blade for more than he paid for it.