1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need a plow for 08 Tundra

Discussion in 'Import and Other Trucks (Light Duty)' started by snowlover4u2, May 26, 2009.

1. snowlover4u2

snowlover4u2 Junior Member

I have a 08 tundra double cab and am looknig for a plow. Dont know much about plows but I have plowed in Colorado before. How much could I expect to pay for a decent plow and what brands do you all reccomend. My warranty is up and I have extra springs front and back.

Thanks Guys

2. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

fisher, snoway, boss, meyer. I think meyer is big in your area. That truck cant handle that much of a plow, look for something along the lines of a 7.5 foot poly blade....and of course, get timbrens

3. YPLLLC

YPLLLC Senior Member

I run 3 2008 tundras. I use snoway 29T. They were bought last year and I think with installation they were right around 5 grand. Hope this helps the tundras are amazing in the snow!!! And dont listen to anyone on here who gives you trouble for owning one. They dont know about the truck unless they drive one. Good Luck!!

4. YPLLLC

YPLLLC Senior Member

Oh and you do not need timbrens if you get the snoway 29T poly 7.5 foot plow. It is perfect for it!!!

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Snoway no longer produces the 29T. The distributors still have a few in limited sizes at bargain prices. The 8 foot 29 series is still available (this season at least) and is a good match for your vehicle.

6. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

western hts possible?

7. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

The Fisher HT would be nice. I think I would take that over the Fisher SD. It's lighter, has the steeper cutting edge like the X & XV. And you can lock the blade down for backdragging.

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Sort of a copy of the Snoway with true Hyd. Down pressure.

9. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Too bad you wern't a bit closer

$3100 would get you this beauty!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

The website doesn't indicate you can actually push down, though I wonder why they didn't do that. It says you can "lock the blade down", or something like that, for better backdragging.

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Two words, patent infringement. They would if they could, but they're just getting ready for now. :nod:

12. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The DD lock down system stops the blade from floating over the pile but makes no allowances for changing contour. You can not "push down," Snoway owns the patent on DP. DD bought blizzard for the direct lift technology as much as the expanding wings. they are all positioning themselves for the expiration of Snoways patents.