1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need a plow for 05 Expedition

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by snowlover4u2, Feb 7, 2010.

1. snowlover4u2

snowlover4u2 Junior Member

I have a Ford Expedition 4X4 with a 5.4 engine. Anybody know a plow that will fit it?
  2. JCE

JCE Member

I have a Sno-Way 26 series 7 1/2 ft. on my 2000 Expedition. Sno-Way required a Front axle rating of at least 3450#. Mine is 3500#. I believe Ford reduced the 2005 Expedition front axle rating to 3350#, and that is why Sno-Way didn't make them for that year's expedition. I've heard some have put plows on, but had to install themselves since a dealer usually won't install a plow that exceeds the front axle rating.....Not sure if anyone else makes one rated for that year....Hope you find one...my expedition is a great vehicle to plow with!
  3. locosol

locosol Junior Member
    from 21601

I have the same body style Expedition (2003). No one makes a plow with a front mount for us. I agree with JCE that it is due to the lowering of the front axle rating from the Gen 1 body style. When I looked into it, I was told by several plow dealers that an F-150 or 1st Gen Expedition mount MIGHT work. But, it would require modifications to the front fascia (basically cutting big holes in the lower part). I got a rear pull plow for my property and doing some friend's drives. Of course, now I just have to get it working.....But it fits great!:dizzy:
  4. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

Ive seen a newer expedition ext driving around my area with a fisher LD plow on it. I dont know if its a custom mount of what, i would think an F150 mount would come pretty close to fitting the bet.
  5. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member