1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need a plow ck3500

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by oakmax, Nov 27, 2008.

1. oakmax

oakmax Junior Member
    from ohio

Hi I'm going to get a plow for my chevy 3500, Need advice which brand is the most reliable out there. I am only planning on doing a few rentals but may dabble in subbing and doing a lot or two. Any advice is appreciated.
    cw

2. Team_Arctic

Team_Arctic Senior Member

thats kinda a loaded question.. everyone has their preference, my self i like western, but there are alot of guys that like the boss plows. first off you have to decide what kind of plow you want and how big. that will help narrow it down. if you want a full trip blade( meaning the whole blade tips when you hit something and you can lose you load) or if you want an edge trip. . I run western mvp's with edge trip and the do some pretty good work. one of my subs runs the boss xt v blade and i believe its a full trip but it also does a good job. both plows are new either this year or last. as far as reliability i think a straight blade would be more reliable just because there is less going on and less parts. i have never had a problem with my v blades but its just simple to know that if theres more parts there is more parts to break.. right? if you are doing something small, i would have said a 7.5 blade (straight) with wings but you have alot of truck there so i would say an 8.5 straight and get the wings so that its a little easier for cleanup..

hope this helps and i wasnt just going on and on.

danny

3. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

I have a nice 8 foot Blizzard. Can send pics if you'd like. Blizzard back drag very well.