1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need a new snowblower- Husqvarna vs Arens

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by clydesdale, Dec 1, 2015.

1. clydesdale

clydesdale Junior Member

I currently have an Arens 10/28 that I have had for 13 years. I use it some sidewalk areas and places that I can't get the truck into. I need a new blower and have been looking at a Husky at Lowes that is a 30 inch or another 28 or 30 Arens at Home Depot or a dealer. I see that the Husky has some plastic in the shoot and the Arens has a new Auger in the front of the usual tines. Any thoughts on these machines? Thanks.
  2. allagashpm

allagashpm Senior Member

I personally would get an ariens from a dealer. Same machines as at home depot but they service it. I have two ariens one is 6 years old one is 15 and they are great machines.
  3. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

go to a dealer, hd has residential machines...dealers have pro models...much better grade and they will be there when you need them

that said ariens all the way
  4. clydesdale

clydesdale Junior Member

How much better are the dealer models? The Ariens 10/28 that I have used for 13 years came from HD.