1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need a new look

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by YardMedic, Oct 22, 2009.

1. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Hey Everyone!

Here's the deal... thinking that a better look is in order for the company logo. I'm no graphic guy, so my current setup is pretty plain I'd say. All ideas are appreciated and welcome!

Take care, and thanks

~Kevin

logo.jpg

2. shott8283

shott8283 Senior Member

i like your logo

i would put the rhythm in v-fib and see if anyone notices.

3. timberseal

timberseal Senior Member
    from 46385

I like the idea but it needs something to make it pop..... maybe do away with the * behind it and superimpose a large leaf or something that relates to landscaping. Or incorporate something yard related into the pulse line

4. shott8283

shott8283 Senior Member

i would make the rhythm reflective.. i think that would make it pop

5. ADBsnowremoval

ADBsnowremoval Member

I would say ditch the medic symbol unless you get most of your business from people that want to hire a fireman. I too am a union firefighter, but I would never play off of that. I am proud of my firefighter/paramedic profession, just not sure if it is an appropriate advertising strategy, but if you are ok with it then ultimately that is up to you.

6. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

What if you make the Star a leaf

and make the pulse line look like grass??

7. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

>>>>> SHAKING HEAD<<<<<<<<

So what did u think about my idea?

8. YardMedic

Sorry Ron...
    Actually, I found some leaves to flank the logo, removing the green star altogether (can't have TOO much going on there, ya know? I haven't put grass in yet, but I'm playing with the idea still. Thanks guys

9. YardMedic

Something....

Still looking at maybe playing with grass in the logo too, as suggested

logo.jpg

10. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

When u two are done.... you can help me:)

11. YardMedic

No prob, Ron... I'm not the best for graphics, but I play with stuff now & then. Nothing fancy for software... it's only Word!

12. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

It looks a little too much like Christmas with all the red/green colors, IMO.

13. eicivic

eicivic Member

Here ya go... I thought i would be nice and give you another option.. If you don't like it thats cool. [​IMG]

14. YardMedic

:salute: guys, those are BOTH awesome!

15. SPD

SPD Inactive

Being in web development I do a lot of outsourcing of graphic designs. I am a member at a developer site where we can run contests for a logos or designs. On the site you have to agree to pay the winning designer for his work. But you choose how much you will pay before the contest starts.

So the contest is created with an award of say $50 for a logo design. You may get 10 or 15 entries to choose from. The great thing here is there are some very talented designers. When I post a contest I require the provide full vector and PSD graphic files. This will allow you take the files and have anything you like made from them. If you went to a local design company to have something like this done it could cost you a few hundred to a thousand dollars or more.

If you are interested I could post the contest for you and provide you with a link so you can see the entries and make comments or suggestions to the designers.

You can choose any dollar amount to the winning design. $50 will get you a good amount of entries, $25 you will still get entries but not as many, and the better designers will not enter.

You can send me a PM if you are interested.

Rob

16. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I have a graphics and logo maker program but every time I offered my artistic talents (FOR FREE!) no one takes me up on it. Sorry, cant help. I like the last one someone did the best.

17. eicivic

eicivic Member

Thank you. :D

18. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

No, I meant someone else! J/K :jester: