1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need a new light bar.

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Snowaway, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Snowaway

Snowaway Senior Member

Ok, so I'm tired of searching around and wondering what whould be best light bar to get. I have a cheasy 25 doller mag mount light with 2 marker light bulbs in it. I need to upgrade. I would like to have something with alley lights and take down lights to use for work lights. I am not sure I like the look of the LED style. So what would be my best bet for around five hundy. :gunsfiring:payup

2. camconcrete

camconcrete Senior Member

I would go with the whelen mini edge. Its compact, bright and has all the features that you want. I know that cause I just ordered one

3. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Check this forum from today. Scroll to my post with photo's.

4. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

5. Snowaway

Snowaway Senior Member

6. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

Whelen Mini Edge

7. Snowaway

Snowaway Senior Member

What kind of light bar is that I was looking at it before, looks right up my alley

8. THEGOLDPRO

then sign up and make a name, its a forum just like this one sept its all about emergency lighting equipment, you can find anything your looking for on there usually at a very cheap price. i have found full size whelen edge 9000 like mine for under 200 bucks in full working order.

9. Snowaway

Snowaway Senior Member

Cool I'll check it out.

10. weeman97

weeman97 Senior Member

i bought a knockoff Voltex 48in LED lightbar off ebay for 358.00 shipped. i know its not a whelen or code 3 or fed sig. but i cant justify spending 1,000+ on a lightbar. it has flashin/steady alleys and takedowns. traffic advisor built in. and a controller that displays what the lightbar is doin. and i figure it works for a year or two its well worth it since i could buy 3 bars and be lower then a name brand so please dont flame/hate on me.

11. THEGOLDPRO

this bar is on that forum i posted a link to for 170 bucks shipped. has take downs and alley lights all you gotta do is go on ebay and buy some amber lenses and your all set.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Fiafighterdude

from ME

E Lightbars Sucks

13. THEGOLDPRO

i agree the members there are mostly tools, but they have alot of stuff forsale cheap.

14. Fiafighterdude

from ME

yes thats why i joined but i wasnt 18 so they kicked me off and i had 5 or 6 other people try to get me back on and they thretened to delete them if they mentioned my name any more and one person did and they kicked them off to so i want to get people to go in with me to make a new web site like it

15. Beater_K20

Beater_K20 Member

i recently upgraded from the $25 parts store cheapies (after going through 2 of them in the last year) to a Whelen Guardian. best $100 i've ever spent. if somebody cant see me now, they need to open their eyes.

16. Snowaway

Snowaway Senior Member

OK guys thanks for the help. I have decided to go with the Whelen mini edge, should be here in about three weeks. I will post a pic when I get it mounted. Thanks again.

17. RepoMan207

from Maine

snowaway.........What did you pay for it and what options?

18. Snowaway

Snowaway Senior Member

It was like $487.00 with take downs and alley lights from siren.net. you don't even want to know shipping to AK.

19. RepoMan207

from Maine

Oh I bet, I shipped a rear window molding from an F-150 before..... To think you guys are part of the US, UPS doesn't seem to realize this fact.

Did you or do you have a switch panel yet? you'll need 5-6 switches depending on if you got the front middle strobes. They also have hi - low density along with a optional Scan lock cable for pattern select.

I have new panels if you need one. I want them gone, so make me a reasonable offer if you want one. I'll even pay half the shipping to you. Switch Panels

Can't wait to see some pics......

BTW, thats an awesome pricce on that light!

20. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

Sirennet has always been gentle with me on shipping. but then again I order lots of stuff from them. with my last order I shipped it ups ground. it showed up 2 days later with a blue 2 day air sticker on the box.