1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need a new cutting edge

Discussion in 'Pro-Tech Sno Pushers' started by grsp, Jan 20, 2009.

1. grsp

grsp Member
    from indiana

i need to replace the rubber cutting on my pusher. does anyone ever use anything other than the factory cutting edge. looking for something that lasts a little longer.

2. MowingisMaddnes

MowingisMaddnes Member

new edge

I am also looking for a new rubber cutting edge...suggestions please...

3. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

usually a industrial supply store might be able to point you in the right direction. try googling a rubber company in your city and see if somehting pops up...example in rochester ny there is chamberlain rubber and pro-marketing. but i don't think their rubber is any better than pro-techs in all honesty

4. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Is it any less expensive ? enough to make it worth the hassel ?

5. redman6565

no actaully, pricing was around the same so i stuck with pro-tech, or course i just purchased five pushers from them this past winter, so i'm sure (or i would hope) they gave me a little bit more of a discount

6. GSJ

GSJ Junior Member
    from W. MI

I would just go with Protechs rubber edge. I believe they used to offer a cheaper edge but no longer offer it. It wasn't very durable. Protech did alot of R&D to find out which rubber compound holds up the best. For the little bit of money you might save it's not worth the risk. IMO

7. redman6565

well my pro-tech rubbers have barely made it through half a season and rubbers i used to buy from chamberlain rubber (a local company) used to last a season and a half...

8. cjm8232

cjm8232 Member

That's funny...Local guys call me and say the chamberlin rubber doesn't last long at all.

Anyhow, Pro-Tech has been using the same rubber for 13+ years. It's the one thing we haven't changed becuase so many people call to confirm that we still offer the same rubber they got when they first bought their pusher; the overwhelming feedback is that the original rubber was the best and they want to make sure they can still get it...Good thing is, is that it's all we offer.

9. redman6565

well, it is what it is. that's my personal experience, not saying pro-tech's rubber is garbage it's just my observation so far.

10. chknman

chknman Junior Member
    from IL