1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need a motor, where to find besides dealer?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by econolinerick, Dec 14, 2008.

1. econolinerick

econolinerick Junior Member

I have an Ultramount Poly Pro, the motor is shot (rusted inside to the point of seizure). I sat the first storm of the season out but there's another headed this way.

Need a motor but the nearest dealer is inconvenient. Are there any good online sources?

Thanks in advance,
  2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

We have put rebuilts on before and they don't last. I would only put on a new factory motor. How far is the dealer? When you break down again it's just not worth it.

Thanks for my light.
  3. econolinerick

Got your confirmation email, was going to reply but internet has been out for a few days. Glad it arrived O.K.

Don't laugh now, the dealer is a whole 25 miles away but I don't like going into the city. Do most of my shopping online for convenience. I found a couple online that say they fit all ultramounts, but the pics look a little different (not much, just power lug placement).

Maybe I better go to the dealer so I can compare & be sure.

I agree with the new factory parts, won't consider a 'will fit'.
  4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

All NAPA or Autovalue out by you, they were carrying some plow parts.
  5. econolinerick

Can almost see the NAPA store from here, will try them in the morning. Thanks
  6. econolinerick

Well, ended up @ Hoekstra Equip. for the new motor. They quoted me $138.xx on the phone then charged me $141.xx when I got there. Allied Equip. put me on hold for 10 minutes the first try & no one ever came back, on hold again for 10 minutes the second time & no one ever came back, 3rd call was quoted $138.xx but none in stock.

I can find other dealers listing this motor for $125 or less, some about 125 with shipping to my door so why so expensive in G.R.? No answer necessary, this is just a rant.

I did find out though that the unimount motor will work on the ultramount, it's the same one with a flange. Remove the flange and it'll fit the ultra.
  7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I have DD motors in stock with two prices, the more expensive DD OEM motors, then there's the cheaper aftermarket motors. If you like talking to your plow dealer, buy the cheap one, if you like to work steady with a minimum of down time go for the OEM. There is a reason for the price difference.
  8. econolinerick

But if it says "Factory Original"??
    This is the type deal I'm referring to.

It just seems that ANYWHERE but my local dealer is cheaper.

If I'd have done a pre-season PM I could have ordered & saved 30 bucks, as it was I needed it now and the local dealer WAS there for me I guess.

OK, rant off now. Plow is fixed & I'm off to have fun.

Thanks for everyone's advice.