1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need a lock for my Meyer pump.

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by BPK63, Oct 9, 2007.

1. BPK63

BPK63 Senior Member
    from CT

Caught some kid last winter trying to remove the pump from my truck so I was wondering if I can get some kind of pin lock like for a trailer that is tough enough and long enough to put where the bottom bolt goes to lock the pump to the frame? E47 pump. He's lucky he got a good head start on me cause if I caught him......

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Just use a 5/8 hitch pin lock. You can purchase them at any parts store for less than $15. They work very well and are hardened...

images.jpg

pin.jpg

3. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

What I have done in the past is to put tack weld between the nuts and bolts on the 3 points of contact. Easy enought to get off with and airgun but impossible with hand tools in a parking lot.

4. swa136

swa136 Senior Member

Keep in mind that if you have an EZ classic mount the thief can cut the pump & light wires, and pull the hoop out of the carton, and take the pump that way! If you're going with a hitch lock make sure you get two. :salute:

I hope you gave that kid a good *** kicking! :gunsfiring:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2007
  5. oakvillerex

oakvillerex Member

you can't steal the hoop if it is rusted to the carton. just use a bunch of those locking hitch pins

6. swa136

swa136 Senior Member

There you go BPK63, do no maintenance, let everything rust together, and you'll need no locks. Brilliant!!!!!! Now why didn't I think of that??????:jester:

7. BPK63

BPK63 Senior Member
    from CT

Actually to get the tube frame out of the mount I have to use a slide hammer every spring but the pins that go through it have holes big enough to put locks through them. I got a big hitch lock that fits the pump mount well and I'm all set now. I won't have to worry about some scumbag trying to steal something now. Thanks for the ideas.

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like you got it all safe and secure to help prevent it from "walking off" on it's own...The best thing I've found to fix the lift frames from getting stuck in the mount is to use an engine cylinder hone and hone the heck out of the receiver tubes to remove all the rust and corrosion, then coat the tubes with Fluid Film or chassis grease. They'll slide right in and out then.

9. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

I use NAPA Anti- Seize, spray the inside of the tubes real good. Have not had a problem removing frame at spring time, knock on wood.

10. oakvillerex

oakvillerex Member

thats a good idea maybe i'll try that this year.

11. apik1

apik1 Senior Member

I bolt the hoop in place, then after the pump was bolted on I drilled through the nut and bolt and put a dowl pin, or spring pin in it, then ground them flush. It takes about an extra 5 min to get it off when I need to.