1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need a Little Help

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by MercerUnlimited, Dec 6, 2008.

1. MercerUnlimited

MercerUnlimited Junior Member

New to the industry guys so bear with me. Curtis Sno Pro 3000 won't lower. Left and right angle are fine. Came up (obviously), Any quick suggestions? I'm barreling head long into my "learning curve" with this thing.... Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions.:help:

2. stans1949

stans1949 Junior Member
    from MN

check to make sure plug in is making good connection otherwise it could be contamination in the float valve or the coil for the float valve is bad

3. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

Did you raise the jack? Sounds stupid but it could happen.

Bruce

4. 4u2nv

4u2nv Member

The jack should raise automatically as soon as you lift the plow...

5. Lil STX Ford

Lil STX Ford Senior Member

any binding ? stopping it from coming down, or hydraulic hoses in wrong port?

6. MercerUnlimited

Thanks for all the great suggestions men. The damn thing started functioning again just as mysteriously as it had stopped. Have to figure it was a stuck valve or bad connection. Have purchased "spares" and am diligently cleaning and greasing connections.
    Now it's going down but slower than before......If it's not one thing it's something else eh?

7. Lil STX Ford

mine is a new sno pro 3000 and she drops nice and fast

8. MercerUnlimited

Mine is a POS that I took a chance on and I'm paying the price for now....

9. MercerUnlimited

Seems like unless you live next door to the factory or somewhere where they say "Chow da" parts are a pain to get.... Just my experience thus far.....

10. Lil STX Ford

been a week since i got mine, haven't any problems with it as of now, other then plowing ice and the bypass valve lets blade turn when pushed hard enough, relocated the wiring harness for better ease, and just a few tuneups on electrical... my fog lights aren't working, prob forgot to plug back in or something. other then the fact is nice and heavy, my budd's think its an awesome plow and I can connect in under a minute and run with it..

11. mxr576

mxr576 Junior Member
    from Boston

after the storm the other night my plow wont lower either. everything else works fine. just wont drop. Did you ever figure out what it was?

12. tawilson

tawilson Senior Member

Could be a broken wire in the harness. I just made a post about it in another thread.Mine would work ok when raised, when lowered the wire would short and different things stopped working, depending on which wire was shorted. Have someone run the controls while you flex the harness in different spots. When you find the general area, strip the harness and start wiggling individual wires.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2008
  13. mxr576

mxr576 Junior Member
    from Boston

the harnes is fine.originally when it first happend the plow would bump like it wanted to go down. now nothing. the jack doesnt lower anymore either. but the plow control doesnt say its floating.