1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need a little help

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by scooter97, Dec 16, 2013.

1. scooter97

scooter97 Member

I have 7 buildings in this court that I do, I have the map for one below with dimensions. I am looking to see what you guys would get for a price. How we do it as of now is when the snow stops we go out and push it. If clean up is needed we go back. This is a apartment building with cars in the lot so it is a PITA with no where to put snow. The walks are billed separate (hourly).

Edit: No salt, only on walks if needed, located in WI for regional assistance

[​IMG]

2. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Here, I would ask for $150 under 6", and add $15 each inch after that. Clean up return trips would have to be $50 as a minimum.

3. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

I'd use a skid, & charge 60-80 under 6" and 100-120 up to 12"

4. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

So all 7 building are just like this one and next to eachother?

5. scooter97

scooter97 Member

Included is an aerial of all of the buildings, the ones with the X's on the roofs are the ones that I do.

[​IMG]

6. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Holy headache!

You have a 7' snowblower on a 50 HP enclosed cab Kubota? You need one if you don't already have one.

I'd windrow with the truck, and blow it to the final stacking spots..

Heck, maybe ya need 2 blowers and 2 trucks.

7. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

no kidding, def not truck type jobs, some are worth 60, some 100.
    You plowed those with a truck? with cars in the lot? Ya a blower or skid would work alot better.

8. scooter97

scooter97 Member

Plowed with a truck and not small ones at that lol one is my K10 reg cab long box and the other is a 2500HD extended cab long box. Some of the corners are tight and hard not to smash into stuff. I agree though a skid or tractor with a blower would be ideal. The lot on the first pic has two cars that we are trying to get moved for each snow event. As of right now one of jalopys does not run and the people are a PITA.

The situation is also kinda a pain since it is a "family" thing. One bro owns buildings, sister does management, and the other bro plows.

To sum it up lots of windrow and interesting stacking places. Way to many cars in the lot at any give time.

9. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

PITA $100 with a skid loader. You can do it with your truck. I would not do it at all. I passed on one like that this winter. My luck I would smash a car.

.5-3 $100
    3.1-6 $140
    6.1-9 $185

over 9" more than they will pay.

10. scooter97

scooter97 Member

Thanks everyone for the comments. These lots all pretty much suck.