1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need a little help sho me strobes

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by jeff52984, Dec 25, 2009.

1. jeff52984

jeff52984 Member

Ok for some reason my sho me 4 way strobe lights stopped working out of no where. They are the 60 watt strobes. Noticed the other day I went to turn them on and nothing happened so just started tonight trying to trouble shoot them put new connectors on at battery so power supply is good and started with 1 strobe at a time and couldnt get any 1 of them to turn on. Is there something else for me too look into or advice would be greatly appreciated. When I first hooked them up it was all to 1 switch so front and back were on at same time and I didnt use the pattern wire or the other wire for how bright (I think). So now im going to run 4 switches as what they call for to do and started that but gave up cause I couldnt even get 1 to turn on so now wires are sitting on my passenger floor along with the sho me box. I think if I cant figure it out by monday then its going to the shop that I bought the kit form and I will get rapped for them to trouble shoot it and fix (im cheap and dont want that) more less cant afford that since I havent got 1 plow this season yet

2. fireboy6413

fireboy6413 Senior Member

which pack do you have, did they ever work, you should have a fused wire coming from the battery going to the red wire in the power harness on the pack, the black wire going to a ground as close to the pack as possible, then a accessory powered wire going to each switch, then in your control harness on the pack, those wires should go to the switches.

3. jeff52984

jeff52984 Member

dont know which pack it is. I didnt put a fused wire cause it has a fuse built into the box/pack. Will check tomorrow caus eim done with it for the night too mad at it.

4. fireboy6413

even though their is a fuse in the pack you still need an inline fuse 6-12 inches from the battery

5. jeff52984

jeff52984 Member

ok well I will put one of those on tomorrow. But today got them all working agian. Ran a hole new 14ga power wire and new thicker ground, installed a new 3 switch (light up) so now its all done right instead of just thrown together. Still need to get the switch for patterns didnt have that type of switch in my garage. Think I was losing power here and there for some reason and found 1 of my connections under the truck got water in it and think that shorted out everything. So like I said all fixed and working great. Plus the front and back are on 2 differnt switches now.

6. fireboy6413

Very good happy to here that, I just want to add, for the connections that are outside the vehicle, I would spend the extra 20 bucks, and go with the deutsch connectors, they are around 5 bucks a piece, completely sealed and water tight

7. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

strobes

I'll second that. If not, make sure you plenty of dielectric grease on your connections!