1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need a little help identifying...............

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by bacwudzme, Sep 19, 2010.

1. bacwudzme

bacwudzme Senior Member

These animal/rodent footprints on my fan shroud!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????:dizzy:

I checked under my hood Friday A.M. for a visual fluid/inspection under the hood and check engine oil and tranny fluid since i was hauling my camper in the mountains and crashing the logging roads (200+miles on logging roads this past weekend) We kept our camper at a nice and very active Campground, and when I got home unhooked everything my wife said she smelt something funny so i popped the hood ( the logging roads were rough so who knows) and i seen these footprints!!!? I really don't think there are skunks up there. There was alot of squirrels and chipmunk's! But man those prints are to big to be even a big Grey Squirrel!

Maybe a opossum? Maybe a cat? a mink? Maybe a raccoon?????? Man I'm in the North Western Maine Mountains about 20 or so miles from the Canadian boarder. It did not seem to chew on things and did not walk on my plenum or Cold air intake.

The funny smell was I blew a hole in my pass side Shock! Hit a pothole bad on the logging road when i was blinded by the sun!

Ill add in a few extra pics for viewing pleasure!

More pics in the Weather Section :Maine.

any ideas????:confused::eek:

DSCN4209.jpg

DSCN4210.jpg

DSCN4211.jpg

DSCN4202.jpg

DSCN4208.jpg

2. bigbadbrad

bigbadbrad Senior Member

are those the windmills up to kibby mountian?

and it looks like chimpunk or squriell tracks to me, or maybe even a mink?

3. bacwudzme

bacwudzme Senior Member

Yes Sir! Those are flucken huge and awsome Ive been wanting to see them for a year now and never stay in the Eustus area, and when I get close to the area im burning daylight or the bottom of the Gas tank!

Im all for wind power now, It is obvious they stick out like a sore dink in the scenery but got they have to help out CMP or Bangor Hydro.

They dont harm the loggers might upset tree huggers but not only are they helping offseting the price of electricity I cant tell you how many jobs they create. I lost count on worker bunkhouses but I was up to 17 when I had to get going due to the Western Star that was going to stick it up my a$$. The last set is only 7.5miles on the Beaudry rd that turns into Goldbrook rd that turns into Holeb rd that takes you to 201 Just North of Jackman.

Oh yeah its going to be a good year bird hunting! Could have had 5 by 8am and my weeks limit by10am!:gunsfiring::gunsfiring:

4. bigbadbrad

bigbadbrad Senior Member

10-4 on the bird hunting, have heard from alot of the loggers that they have been seeing alot in the 'gash, alot of big ones and in large groups too. I heard from a game warden that the had 4 mating seasons or whatever they call them this year instead of just 2, you know whos truck it was cause if it was a star car the dealer i work at probly sold it, haha well good luck hunting only 11 more days

oh yeah you should see the windmills at mars hill

5. bacwudzme

bacwudzme Senior Member

Dont Remember the name but hailed from Pownal! Thats North of Freeport! on a Sat.!

You really think those are a squirrel tracks? Thats what i thought but they are good size. Do you think it could smell the sweetness in the engine bay?

6. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

tracks

look's like a cat !

7. bigbadbrad

bigbadbrad Senior Member

sometimes it is the heat of the engine bay that draws them in to it

8. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

9. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

looks like coon tracks to me.

10. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

X2 or possibly a possum

11. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Looks like a mountain lion to me....kidding.

I saw the trucks transporting the parts to those windmills one weekend when I was up in Kingfield visiting the inlaw's. One blade (not all three, just a single blade) took up two trailers that were connected together (full size tractor trailers). Talk about freaking HUGE!