1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need a little help guys....

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by abbe, Nov 14, 2009.

1. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

well last night night i got a steal of a deal on a mm1 with the insta act pump ezVee. I picked it up for $500 cash with the controller Heres a few pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Question i have is i just finished setting my truck up for a 3 plug straight blade. I have the 4 port isolation module and the whole nine yards. What do i need to get my hands on to convert my wiring over to the ez vee? the ez vee is a 3 plug just for clarification.

Second question is my mm1 3plug insta act is acting up. It lifts up no problem. But when i go to drop it, it will not respond unless the blade goes all the way up. It will go left, but if i stop halfway then try to go right, the plow continues to go left until it goes all way. then it will go right. It seems as if a valve isnt responding correctly. Any ideas? Thanks alot guys

Last edited: Nov 14, 2009
  2. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

You need a new control harness and controller, there is a wiring set up on ebay right now ,about to expire in two - three hours for the wiring and isolation module from an 05 f- series. Buy this set-up, Just change the controller harness from this set up and your straight blade harness in the truck then you will be able to re-sell the complete straight blade wiring set-up for about $300.00 to $400.00 on ebay I don't recall if there is a controller included but you can always buy one of them used on ebay or cl and sell you straight blade controller(joystick about $100 and handhelds get about $150) .

3. buddymanzpop

Your second problem , check your 3 pin (one of the 3 plugs at the front of the vehicle)connection,that sends power to the magnetic coils that actives the cartridges to allow the proper flow of fluid throught the valve block, I see a lot of bad connestions here causing improper blade direction movement. If it,s not the connection and you have power to the magnetic coils check them while under power to see if they are magnitizedif the are magnetized then it may be a cartridge problem, but I think you'll find a bad connection at the three pin.

4. buddymanzpop

5. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

You need to change out your 3 pin wiring harness to a 7 pin wiring harness (26346). Now as others have already pointed out, you will be able to swap between the two plows (Straight blade & Ez V) but you will also need a second controller to operate the EzV (part number 9800 for the fish stick model or 9900 for the joystick model) an adapter (21792K) this allows you to interchange the two controllers & you'll need the actual control harness socket (22123).

Keep in mind you can sell your 3 pin harness to make up for a small portion of what your going to spend to get this stuff.

6. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

As far as your straight blade problem, I think Buddy is on the track. Start by checking your coils and the tabs that connect to them, make sure there all firmly attached to the spade terminals. If they are, pull the three cartridges to check for wear. (see photo)

I recall someone else having an issue like this just last year, but I can't recall or find the resolution to it. I almost want to say it was the controller. If the ideas above won't resolve your issue, you may want to try another controller (check with your dealer, they typically will let you try one out in the parking lot if you don't have a spare)

cart.jpg

cart.jpg