1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need a lil help here....if you don't mind

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by insnow4fun, Jan 12, 2005.

1. insnow4fun

insnow4fun Member
    from Indiana

have a question....

on any given plow, like on ebay....what makes a plow truck specific. saw a couple of adds for blah blah blah ford 250. then as i read, the auction only included blade, pump and mount. but then said, pusher plates not included. are the pusher plates the attachment of the "light and pump tower" to the frame of the truck? or are there truck specific light and pump towers as i call them.

please advise, does any light and pump tower fit on any truck? and the mounting plates are the difference? someone please educate me.
  2. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

all truck mounts are different from one manufacturer to another and even in the same manufacturer within different years. By truck mount I mean all the steel work that stays on the truck when the plow is off.The best way is to either ask in this forum or see a dealer in your area that can tell you if the particuler blade will fit your vehicle.
  3. insnow4fun

insnow4fun Member
    from Indiana

ahhh...i think i understand

so i could buy a ebay blade that is listed as a boss 7'6" super duty that has been used on a chevy, buy new pushplates for my ford, and be able to use that plow?

just makin sure...have a line on a truck, just looking to see what the prices of plows are....not sure if i want to buy a new one of find a used one somewhere.

thanks for the help
  4. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Yes, the plow and A-frame will be interchangeable. You will need vehicle-specific push plates. Be aware they can be pretty expensive. Then you'll have an installation charge. But when buying used, be very specific about what you're getting - like light tower, wiring, pump etc. Also, be aware that with used, you may need to buy a replacement pump - which can also be pretty expensive.