1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need a good spreader control box

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Grisi24, Dec 12, 2009.

1. Grisi24

Grisi24 Senior Member

Hey there guys. Well of course I know that everyone will help out so here we go.

We have a 2 yard steel electric spreader. Unknown make with conveyor and standard spinner. We currently have it set on a toggle switch On/Off setup but I am doing some research to install a controller.

I have heard guys using Karrier controllers?? I could always make my own but I like the idea of a warranty as well.

Ok what do we think?

2. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

i see your in NY..could this be a Smith salter?

3. Grisi24

Grisi24 Senior Member

Dont remember.. When i get to the shop tomorrow night I am going to look... I have filled it a few times so far and didn't even look....

4. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

Does it have dual motors?

5. xtreem3d

here's their link to help ID. http://www.smithspreaders.com they have a controller
    fyi...i didn't see a dedicated controller to smith spreaders on karriers site (if it is a smith metal works spreader)
    steve

6. Grisi24

Grisi24 Senior Member

Yes dual motors and it looks like a series 2

7. TommyMac

TommyMac Senior Member

I hate to go off subject but has anyone used that "auger system" from Smith...that looks like it would work great

8. xtreem3d

i have the dual electric series 4...i may be wrong but i thought the series 2 came with a single motor to drive conveyer and spinner

9. Grisi24

Grisi24 Senior Member

Very possibly. I know it looks like the 2 though