1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need a GM wire kit 4 a roof strobe. Who makes one??

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by 1smoknz, Dec 4, 2013.

1. 1smoknz

1smoknz Junior Member
    from 53523

I have a new 2014 Chevy with the strobe light switch in the upper counsel. Does anyone make or know a clean way to wire that switch into a magnetic mount strobe light above the rear cab third brake light. I've seen many that hack it in but I want something that looks good and is functional. Thanks

2. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

sound like be easy with that little strobe plug it in the cig lighter plug and go Now you was going put a fix mount strobe bar on the truck Then I would wire it to the switch

3. GONZO911

GONZO911 Member

wiring should be run inside the truck under the headliner to just above the rear window-other spot to look is above the "b" pillar on drivers side of truck above the headliner-should be wires there from the switch. interesting note: unless GM changed their wiring, the switch comes from the factory live-and if turned on without light will still drain battery....if you need further information-gmupfitter.com has builder and upfitter specs and locations that should help.

4. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

How would it drain the battery if the light isn't hooked up to it? Did they install it shorting out or something?

5. GONZO911

GONZO911 Member

the switch is wired to relay, powered from the battery, has 200 milliamp draw on system when key off.