1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need a dual battery setup STAT!!

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by firelwn82, Dec 8, 2006.

1. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

I just got to use my new toy. The Blizzard 810. What an Awsome machine. Way better than a V. IMO. The only thing is is that it takes a boat load of friggin juice. I have a 1000CCA battery, 130Amp Alt. I thought it would keep up. Nope doesn't happen.

My question is does any body know where I can get dual battery set up? It would be going in a Ford F-250HD 1996 5.8 (351) 4x4 STD cab Long bed. Anybody Pleasssse help me. I don't want to get caught waiting for my battery to catch up anymore.
    Thanks in advance.

2. BDB

BDB Senior Member

If I remember correct I had to get battery tray form a diesel. I did it in my 460 and it went in the front where the window washer/antifreeze box is. Some small modifications like moving that box. Just went to a junk yard and scavenged the parts. I did make battery cables for it.

3. firelwn82

Thats pretty much what I'm thinking. Any pictures?

4. BDB

BDB Senior Member

I don't have any pics. It is still in storage. I was kinda waiting to go get it not to jinks the snow season and we are already setting records. Less then a half inch of accumulation so far.....latest start ever.:cry: Hopefully we will make up for it.

5. firelwn82

I'm with you there buddy.:angel: payup

6. iakentdoz

iakentdoz Senior Member

I have some pics that I did on my 2005 F-250 I bought the battery tray off a 2005 Diesel F-250 and it bolted up to the fender well. You might check for a ford diesel part # from the same year of your truck.

Ok, they will not let me post a link to another "plow site" to bad, suck!!!!
    Here is the web address. http://www.************.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14314 Re place the *************** with LETS and then TALK and then SNOW.

I'm only trying to help, But if this web site wants me to repost every thing I said on another site, well.....

Last edited: Dec 8, 2006
  7. firelwn82

Your the guy I was looking for. I knew I saw one and I thought it was of a newer truck. I will have to see if I can find one for a diesel in my year. Thanks.