1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need A Diff Snowblower

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Enzo, Mar 1, 2008.

1. Enzo

Enzo Senior Member

After using the ramps and my 38 inch snow blower, I have now realized that it is to much of a pain to do it this way. I wanted to know what snowblowers are good enough to do sidewalks and small driveways. I need to be able to lift the snow blower with two people on each side instead of setting up the ramps and doing all that bull. If anyone can send me links to some of the ones you got that would be great.
  2. 03SuperCrew330

03SuperCrew330 Member

My 9hp craftsman I bought in January does a bang up job. Only problem with the machine is the chute is plastic to prevent snow from sticking and is a weak point although mine is doing just fine after 40 plus inches of snowfall since Jan 1st. I have always had good luck with craftsman even though they are less expensive than the competition and are built by MTD. They come with a manual with a complete parts break down (like craftsman always have) and the parts are readily available. My machines do mostly walkways (200 feet), small driveways (15X30) and cleanup on tough to plow areas when I'm done.

That being said, on snowfall less that 6" I use my Honda HS520 4 stroke single stage, its narrow but its quick and gets right down to pavement...plus its some exercise because it is only partially self propelled.

Any machine 10hp and under should be less than 250lbs and should be easy for 2 average size guys.
  3. frue

frue Member
    from Pa

honda single stage and toro 3650 single stage both do a good job..
  4. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

5. Green Grass

Green Grass PlowSite Fanatic

we use Toro have a powerlite can lift by self for doing sidewalks
  6. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing Senior Member

you can pick up a toro snow commander for cheep because they just discontinued them they are coming out with a newer model witch also will do the job well.