1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

NEED a BlockerBeam for F250

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by affekonig, Aug 11, 2010.

1. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

I sold my 99 F250 and the buyer doesn't want the plow, but doesn't want me to remove the mount without putting the blockerbeam back in. Let me know if you have one laying around and I'll take it off your hands. patricktberry@gmail.com

Thanks!

2. slongfellowii

slongfellowii Senior Member

I don't think 1999 had them as original equipment. They started using them in 04.

3. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

I just put one back on a 2002

4. chs1993

chs1993 Senior Member

I got one for a 05 but im in Maryland not sure how much shipping would be or if it would fit

5. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

I'm in NY I have one off an f250 and an f550 both with hardware pm if your interested. I could ship but they are heavy

6. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Pretty sure it was 01 the started putting them on. My 2000 didn't have one, but my 2001 did. Either way, I'm fairly certain a 99 wouldn't have had one. Best way to tell is if the brackets are still sticking off either side of the frame...

7. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

I don't know for sure either and I didn't see any brackets, but at least some 99s had them from what I've read.

8. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

Ok. I plead stupid. What's a blocker beam?

9. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

A bar that goes from frame rail to frame rail behind the bumper to keep cars from going under the truck in a crash. It's removed when a plow mount is installed and supposed to stay with the truck, but I'd guess that it's one of those things that gets tossed in the garage, garbage, etc. With as many of these trucks as there are with plows, I'd guess that somebody has one laying around that they wouldn't mind parting with.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
  10. metallihockey88

metallihockey88 PlowSite.com Addict

i just happen to have one sitting in my backyard off my 06. let me know if you still need it

11. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

Yeah? That might just work. I'm not sure when I'd be able to pick it up, but I'll try and make some time. Are you planning any trips to the Lisle/Downers Grove/Naperville area any time soon?

12. nottowing

nottowing Junior Member

I have one for a 02 F250 and I live in Downers Grove . Call me if I dont answer leave a message 630-742-8996 chuck

13. metallihockey88

metallihockey88 PlowSite.com Addict

SOLD lol...im assuming youll grab it from this guy but if not let me know. im never down in that are but if ya need it im sure we can figure something out.

14. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

Chuck, you can consider yourself one blockerbeam lighter. I'll give you a call.

15. My76f250

My76f250 Senior Member

Just as an FYI the 99's never came with that crappy invention...it came out for model year 01.....ex ford employee lol

16. wizardsr

On the 01-04 Fords, we just unbolt the 3 bolts per side that are on the ends of the beam in a triangular pattern. This leaves a flat bracket sticking off either side of the frame (see pic). As I recall, this bracket is part of the front leaf spring mount (I can't tell for sure on this 01, as the mount is in the way). What I'm getting at, is that you may need to verify the blocker beam will even bolt onto your 99 without having to replace the front leaf spring brackets. Obviously, replacing the leaf spring brackets is going to be much much more involved than simply bolting a blocker beam on...

IMG_1817.JPG

17. wizardsr

More info, your 99 didn't have a blocker beam. Please see the attached PDF. There's also a diagram in it that shows the bracket I was referring to in my previous post, it's not part of the spring hanger, but installs over/next to it. I suppose if the buyer of your truck really wanted a blocker beam, the brackets off a newer truck could be installed, but if he has any common sense at all, showing him this document will probably end your search for a blocker beam for your truck. Good luck!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
  18. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

Thanks a lot. I hope that's all I need. It'd be a lot nicer to have the entire setup than the setup minus the mount. I may still be calling Chuck just in case.