1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need a bedside

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by bjucka2, Feb 26, 2006.

1. bjucka2

bjucka2 Junior Member
    from Mass

Looking for a drivers side bedside for a 2000 f150. Anybody that can help please let me know. I was backed into by a lady and her insurance only wants to pay me for an aftermarket one. I want a ford one. My truck is a Ford, not an Aftermarket. You put Ford parts on a Ford

2. PAplowman

PAplowman Member

The parts used to fix your truck are your choice, not her insurance co's. :nono:I would talk to the body shop doing your work, and see what they say. If they can't help you, I'd talk to a lawyer.:gunsfiring:

3. bjucka2

bjucka2 Junior Member
    from Mass

Yeah, i understand that, but due to the fact that my vehicle is more than 3 years old apparently her company only has to pay me for the cost of an aftermarket part. Its my choice as to what I do with the money, but the part that sucks is the price difference between aftermarket and ford. But someone else told me that since the work hasnt begun yet that if I let my ins. company do it, theyll pay for the good parts and then fight it out with the other company.

4. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

If the parts says FOMOCO on it you will be raped! If the bedside is put on right and undercoated, an after market parts should work.
    Look at LMCTruck.com, a plain tail gate:$99 - Ford Embossed $399
    I have played this game with Ford for the last 30 years on parts.
    I ain't playing no more.
    The OEM parts die just as quick and the body parts come off the same dies too.

5. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

I have never heard of that 3 year old thing before. I had a 13 year old Saab perfect condition, got ran into messed up the front hood and the whole front end. The hood was from Saab, flown from sweden the other persons insurance paid for all of it. They will go all new just pressure them more!
    good luck

6. bjucka2

bjucka2 Junior Member
    from Mass

Well, Ive been dealing with my ins. co. on this, and theyre going to pay for the damages and then collect the money from the other persons ins. co. Im happy with that arrangement. And the other persons ins. is picking up the tab for my rental immediately. Thanks for your input guys.

7. plow150

plow150 Member

Sounds familiar. Bought a new truck many years ago, van backed into it when it was three weeks old. Ford dealer installed a new Ford side. Truck lasted about 20 years but the "new" side only lasted half as long as the original untouched side. I'm with the guy above... doesn't matter which one you get, just make sure the installer is paying attention and installing/sealing it up so it'll last.

8. SteveR

SteveR Senior Member

Bedside

Try Dicks Ford trucks in Whitfield NH he often has take off bodies.603-837-2767. He deals mostly in SD but you never know what he has

9. LINY Rob

LINY Rob Senior Member

all f series pick ups have the same beds, except flareside 150s.

a superduty bed will work, try a truck body place, they usually have brand new ones for cheap, might even get lucky and be the same color.

I just got a brand new tailgate, complete with new style superduty emblem for $135, in the same white- same one is $400 from the dealer unpainted with no handle and no emblem.

10. PAplowman

PAplowman Member

Not even close!! They do have the same tailgate, but a Superduty bed, is by no means, anywhere near the same bed! Have you seen them beside each other? I'm guessing you have not. The beds were the same until 1996, when Ford came out with the new style 1997 model F150. From there on out the light duty 150, and Superduty lines are totally different.

11. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Depending on where you are in Mass. try Rich's in Hudson, Mass. They are great guys, have reasonable prices, and if they do not have they can get it. Good luck.:waving:

12. bjucka2

bjucka2 Junior Member
    from Mass

Been a while guys, sorry no replies in a few days. Yeah, ill try the few places suggested, hopefully I can find something. I just got $900 to start, and my insurance company will send the other $1000 for my deductible when they get the report from the police stating that the accident wasnt my fault.