1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need a 8'2" VXT with wings measurement.

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Diesel Bob, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Diesel Bob

Diesel Bob Member

Can anyone tell me the width of an 8'2" VXT with wings in the vee position?

I would like to purchase a set of wings for mine if the plow will still fit through my 107" door opening.

Thanks

2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I don't think it will. Why don't you take the wings off to put it in the garage.

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It would be narrower in the scoop position than vee. Can't recall what the actual width is on the 8.2's with wings but if I recall it's less than 107" since the add on wings face almost directly forward in the scoop position thus not adding much to the overall width.

4. Diesel Bob

Diesel Bob Member

Yes, I could take them off everytime, but what a pain, it is nice to be able to drive right in and drop the whole unit off and go.

I could also put it in the scoop position every time also, but was hoping to just be able to leave it in the vee position and drive in and drop the whole unit and go.

I was told they will add 100 pounds to the front, is this getting to be to much weight for my 2008 DuraMax 2500HD?

5. cdahl1177

cdahl1177 Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

6. Diesel Bob

Diesel Bob Member

Thanks for the suggestions and link.

I guess I will order a set and try the scoop position.

I called 3 different dealers in our area and all quoted $800.

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Contact Jim at ESI. He will get them to you for much less than that.

8. Diesel Bob

Diesel Bob Member

Thanks B&B,

I was able to order them locally for $720 after negotiating, ESI is less at $707.20 but with shipping it would be more.

Thanks for the help, I will report back/pictures when I have them installed.