1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need a 8.5 motor???

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Marek, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Marek

Marek Senior Member

I need a 8.5 motor for a Western v box. Who has the best prices, Briggs or Honda? Thanks!
  2. Tediesel

Tediesel Member

I've bought two spreader motors from smallenginewarehouse. Both briggs and both a ton cheaper than anyone else. I replaced a 8.5 with a 10.5 once and on another spreader replaced a 8.5 with a 12.5. They ship very fast too.
  3. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

The Briggs is going to be cheaper from where ever you buy from. Honda makes a really good engine they are just expensive!
  4. Capital Land

Capital Land Junior Member

I have run briggs and honda, i would never buy another hhonda. they are over priced and undermade. i recently had an employee blow my briggs up salting due to no oil in case. We pulled the plug out, and pumped oil in to it and turned it over sever times. changed the oil 4 times with in the process, but the engine started up and has been running top notch sence. After that i would never go back to a honda in my entire life. I would go with briggs, you are getting quality.Not a name