1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need a 6.0 chevy engine

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by PTTP08, Nov 3, 2013.

1. PTTP08

PTTP08 Senior Member
    from mn

Hello guys and gals!
    I found a screaming deal on a truck its a 2003 gmc but it needs a engine. Who has remanded 6.0's in MN? I am not big on buying junk yard motors unless you guys can recommend a good yard. Thanks again

2. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

I have a 01 or 02 chev parts truck I would sell for $1000. Has a good running 6.0 gas. Auto trans and push button transfer case.

3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Depending how good a deal and what condition the truck is in. Might be worth a crate motor. Have the tranny done and you have a near new drive train. Your buying a Pig in a Poke getting an engine from someone.

4. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

What he said! Thumbs Up

5. sameoldthang

sameoldthang Member

Look on EBAY for a used or reman engine. If your going used look for LKQ or a yard that offers a warranty. I guess you might have a 4l80e tranny in there and if the fluid looks ok not burnt too bad you should be ok being those trannys are pretty beefy! The eighth digit of the vin is the engine number.

6. PTTP08

PTTP08 Senior Member
    from mn

Well I found a used motor that offers a warrenty. But now my other truck need a motor but I would rather buy a crate motor for this truck. This truck is a 98 and still looks like it came off the show room floor when I bought it truck has 189000 on it so I might do a motor swap on it this summer. This truck started it all so I have a soft spot for this truck it gets the premium service haha. does anybody have or know a good company for a crate motor company?

7. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

8. sameoldthang

sameoldthang Member

9. PTTP08

PTTP08 Senior Member
    from mn

Nutn is wrong with the truck it runs like a top but after this year it will have around 225k on it so it will be close to its time for a trans plant so I figure if I start the saving and research process now it would be a good thing. Plus I figure I might hop this one up a bit and start the research on some ideas on it or just chip it.

10. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Summitracing.com has a bunch of truck stuff. Engine, exhaust, hubs and bling. Stuff that maybe difficult to find in your neck of the woods.