1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need A 350 Motor

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by F350 Snowman, Sep 12, 2007.

1. F350 Snowman

F350 Snowman Senior Member

I have an 1989 Chevy Blazer (K5) i am thinking of doing a motor swap before i plow with it, does anyone (around michigan) happen to have one for sale?

thanks Bruce

2. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

where in MI do you live

3. F350 Snowman

Muskegon and you?

4. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

If you wanted to drive to Chicago I could get you a rebuild at cost. My wife's uncles have a rebuild shop and sell to Jasper, Recon etc. Might be able to get one somewhere to Michigan or Indiania not sure.

5. F350 Snowman

Thanks Flipper, i could go down to there if the cost is worth it , how much would i be looking at.

Thanks again, for the help.

6. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

I will call them in the morning. Usually their cost is about 60% what you would pay from your local dealer. For example I just got a motor for a Jeep Cherokee Sport priced here was 2400, I would have paid 1300 from them. I get it a bit cheaper because I am family and ended up only spending 1000.

A chevy small block is cheaper though to start.

I need the motor information and then I will see what / if they can do anything.

TBI or Carb
    etc.

7. lawnmasters2006

lawnmasters2006 Senior Member

have two 350's id let go,battle creek mi.

8. F350 Snowman

Yeah PLEASE check on that for me, it is trottle body, let me lknow what else you need for info.