1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need a 2004 ram 1500 Front chrome bumper

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by dss56, Feb 22, 2013.

1. dss56

dss56 Senior Member

I'm looking for a front chrome bumper for a Ram 2004 - 1500. I live here in Boston and I have looked on eBay too much for shipping. I did have the name of the distributor who supplies all the body shops but have totally gone blank on the name. Anyone know the name of the parts distributor? I think they are located in the Woburn-Wilmington area. Like i said I did have the name but tried to google and just can't find the name.

Thanks for any help

2. Dubl0Vert

Dubl0Vert Senior Member

Have you checked Craigslist for someone parting out a truck? There are three in my area and i just picked up a set of extra rims.

3. dss56

dss56 Senior Member

Yes I have checked Craig's list in my area and no one is selling a front bumper that i can see. I even put a wanted looking for a good used bumper. A new one is about $225.00 includes shipping from ebay. But there must be a parts distributor for all the body shops in my area. I think I found the place called LKQ in a local town not to far from me. Gonna call Monday and see what they have for a price. Just trying to line one up so when the warmer weather comes i can change out.

Thanks for the reply

4. jimv

jimv Senior Member

certifit has good $ here there number (781)963 6300

5. GVL LLC

GVL LLC Senior Member

LKQ should have it

6. dss56

dss56 Senior Member

Thanks for the replies. I called LKQ and they wanted $429.00 for a front bumper. I have not called certify but am sure the price will be the same. Could be wrong!
    EBAY has them for about$225.00 delivered. I still would like to find a good used one and have struck out in most salvage yards from NH, Maine Vermont Local and RI areas. I still have time to keep looking a bit.

What r ur opinions on getting one from EBay?

Thanks

7. jimv

jimv Senior Member

my buddy was told 350 for a rear bummper from lkq and 167 from certifit

8. dss56

dss56 Senior Member

This for the info I will call them in the morning and get a price I work in Lexington Ma Hanscom AirBase so Walpole is not that far if they have a good price.

Thanks again

9. dss56

dss56 Senior Member

I did call Certifit and the price was $109 for the front bumper for my 2004 1500 front chrome bumper.

A great price if its what I want Gonna wait for the warmer weather and take a ride to them in Walpole and get one.

Thanks for the info