1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need 8ft Boss Moldboard

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by nascarbob, Nov 11, 2012.

1. nascarbob

nascarbob Junior Member

I have an older Boss 8ft straight plow RT3. I love the plow but the moldboard has rusted through from the inside out (its the blade with the boxes in the back). It has always been stored inside and looked great until this year, the paint still looked good on the front until I hit the rust spots with a hand scraper. Anyway, I would like to find a newer 8ft moldboard for the setup. Preferably used. I may be interested in a whole plow side also. I know a new moldboard cost about $1000. I was also thinking about placing a skin on it but didn't know if anyone else has tried it.

So I would like some advice or if you know someone with a moldboard please keep me in mind. Thanks.

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

I use to have one of those with the box on lower part of blade as well. Rusted so bad it folded in half backward on me .
    I found a whole old plow for $1300 and took the moldboard off that and kept the rest for parts. If I was to build one out of the old frame I have now I would just get a new 9' moldboard for it. 9 footer will bolt right up to same push-beam as a 8'. For the 7'6" to 9' they all use the same parts everywhere except the moldboard itself. New 9 footer I believe is around $1350 last I checked because I have thought of making a second plow from the frame I have.
  3. nascarbob

nascarbob Junior Member

Thanks Reaper. I was afraid of that happening to the blade.
  4. camp61

camp61 Member

I don't know about Boss but I had a new skin put on my Fisher Minute Man II. Only used it one year then sold it but it perform as well as the original. Only issue was they had to use a brake to form the curve as it was to big for the roller they had. Still worked great just a cosmetic issue! Total cost to fab, weld and paint was about $900.