1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need 87 to 91 F250 Mount pics

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by JD_F250, Dec 1, 2010.

1. JD_F250

JD_F250 Junior Member
    from WI

I have a 87 f250 diesel and i got a plow off a 78 F250 but i need to make my own frame mounts. Its mounted but i need braces from the bottom up to the frame. I was hoping i could get some pictures of how they are normaly mounted. The plow is a mix of parts so i couldnt find anything on the plow manufacturers web sites. Anything would help. Thanks guys.

2. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

the year range is 80-91 F250/F350. here are some pics from a western mount i had on my 86 F250 that i sold. this is off a gas truck. the diesel may have been different due to the larger radiator.

the western website has a technical library that has pretty good illustrations. i'd check that out too.

western frame 80-91 1.JPG

western frame 80-91 2.JPG

western frame 80-91 3.JPG

3. JD_F250

JD_F250 Junior Member
    from WI

Yup, thats my plow mount. So im running a Western setup it looks like. The radiator on the diesel hangs down another 6 inches or so over where the gas radiator is. I was thinking about welding up something like those brackets but they would point straight up. i dont know if thats a big deal or not. Ill look at the Western site. Thanks. If anyone has pics of a diesel mount, i could still use some ideas.

4. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare Senior Member

mine was the same, but the back bottom piece of angle iron going across i didnt have and the side brackets were apart of the side kicker arms and mount behind the front radiator support. Also, mine had c channel instead of bent flat u shape metal in the front for the blade stoppers. I sold it a week ago but still think i have pictures of it.

Ime was on a 88 f450 4x4 though which is the same as a diesel mount.

5. JD_F250

JD_F250 Junior Member
    from WI

Can u get those pics. I talked to a shop here today and they said 150 to 200 bucks to make some brackets and have them installed. Plus go over all other welds. Is that worth it? I can weld but im sure he can weld better.

6. greywynd

greywynd PlowSite.com Addict

I've got some pics of rusty western iron on an 89/90 diesel here, maybe these will help. Looks like I've only got the three of the mounting. If I recall on those side brackets, I think 1-2 holes were factory ones they used, and a couple were drilled.

image034.jpg

image041.jpg

image040.jpg

7. JD_F250

JD_F250 Junior Member
    from WI

Thanks for the pics. Its odd though, i dont see your radiator. Mine hangs down rediculously far. O well. Best pics i got so far. The western guys drew something for me by memory and these are the pics of what they were trying to draw

8. greywynd

greywynd PlowSite.com Addict

That is one of the few diesels I've seen that didn't have AC, so I wonder if it got a smaller rad because of it? I suspect that the way the support piece going up is shaped it would clear any larger/deeper rads as well.

9. JD_F250

JD_F250 Junior Member
    from WI

My truck does not have a/c either. I dont know. I noticed that from what ive found that gas motor mounts do ot have that bend in them and diesels do

10. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

11. JD_F250

JD_F250 Junior Member
    from WI

I think i got everything figured out.Ill get some pics when shes all done.