1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need 4x4 help with 95 f250 diesel

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by dieselpusher, Nov 30, 2008.

1. dieselpusher

dieselpusher Senior Member

i have the shifter on the floor for the 4wd. and manual hubs. it goes into 4hi with no problem but then when it comes down to 4lo i have no clue. it says press down and what not ive tried it all. ive even ripped the knob off yanking on it

2. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

Put the truck in neutral, push down and pull the lever towards you.
  3. tuna

tuna Senior Member

I did the same thing to my 89 250
  4. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

dead stop put the truck in neutral put ur foot on the brake. Push down and pull back.
  5. F-350PSD

F-350PSD Junior Member

^x2, and I'll add: use force, even if you are pulling it in the right way if you aren't pulling hard enough it won't engage. It's not like you're gonna break the darn thing!
  6. tuna

tuna Senior Member

Not True they are known to break.
  7. F-350PSD

F-350PSD Junior Member

what's going to break? the 1/2in piece of steel?
  8. fordmstng66

fordmstng66 Senior Member

x2 i am not sure if it is the same as a 95 f-150, but the bolt that pivots for the floor shifter gets corroded, and can cause the casting on the shifter to break if you force it. Mine broke, and i was able to find a replacement at the junk yard. I greased it up nicely, and installed it, and it was so easy to shift into 4hi, and even 4low.