1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need 3-pin mount for a '99 K2500 Suburban

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by wvukidsdoc, Feb 18, 2009.

1. wvukidsdoc

wvukidsdoc Junior Member
    from AK

New to the forum and subject says it all, just picked up a little used older 7 1/2 foot plow (not sure the model but serial number starts ALC1XXXXX, and need a mount for a '99 K2500 4wd Suburban (old body style.) Bought the plow as it looks new and was a good deal at $200 and my 25 year old Fisher/Western half breed I homebuilt is getting on in years. I figured I'd be welding the mount up myself this summer but WTH, if I can get one for a reasonable price, will save me time. Does anyone know if the 2wd and 4wd mounts for this age truck are the same as I've found one listed for a 2wd for sale. Anyone have pictures of how this mount looks so I can get an idea of what I'm building if I don't find one?

Thanks
    John

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

That is not the serial number, that is the Aux Light Carton number. your unit needs a 99100067 mount. We have new ones if you can't find a used one. you also need a 99103001/3002 nosepiece

3. Snake

Snake Junior Member
    from iowa

Basher's right.. and i just called sno way 2 days ago, and i cant recall the part number off hand, but the one basher listed sounds familiar, but i was calling for a late 90's chevy mount, and they had them, plus the nose pieces in stock.

4. wvukidsdoc

wvukidsdoc Junior Member
    from AK

Well local dealer ends up having one (in AK) listing for $650 but will give me a break for $560. Thanks Basher, who suggests calling his business in the AM for a price, which I will do and we'll see, but even if a great deal shipping gets you up here. This plow of course was dirt cheap, and is in nice shape, but I'm not going to pay $560 for a mount when I have 2 miller boxes and a plasma sitting in the garage so, if anyone has one to get rid of reasonable (read that probably around $250-300ish max before shipping), please pmail me, else it will be a bit of a home fab project.

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

If you don't want to spend the 580 (a GOOD price for any manufacturers mount) you need to find one used or build it yourself.