1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Nebraska Tire...Anybody running their snow tires?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by GLS, Oct 18, 2014.

1. GLS

GLS Senior Member

I'm getting ready to purchase snow tires for my skid steer. Looks like it's either wolf paws, westside tire, or possible this place (nebraska tire).

They list a 12-ply tire (load range F), whereas the wolf paws are only 8-ply.

Anybody try these yet?

Any other options I am missing? I'd prefer the complete assembly (wheel/tire) that I can just bolt on. Don't really want to mess with finding used wheels and having to weld to get correct bolt pattern.

Here's the link: http://www.nebraskatire.com/industrial/skid-loader

2. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Those are the same tires we run. Best tire out there for what your doing. We have tires in both tread patterns shown in your link. Not sure which I can say is better, but I am switching a set out on a particular machine this yr, so I will have a good comparison to go by.

Unfortunately for SnowWolf, complete snow tire/rim sets for skids can be had from many different sources now, for about half the price they sell them (sometimes less).....and as you mentioned, the smaller size snowwolfs aren't even as high of a load range.

3. Ne1

Ne1 Senior Member

I've never ran anything but stock tires on our skids. Do you notice a big difference with these tires?

4. snocrete

snocrete Banned

yes...very big difference

5. GLS

GLS Senior Member

Thanks for the reply snocrete.

Guess I'll give this place a try.

I'll post the results when I get them.

6. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

I have purchased many tires from them for my farm equipment.. good people to deal with.

7. Ne1

Ne1 Senior Member

Think I'm going to try a set out.