1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

NE weather

Discussion in 'Weather' started by sir spaniourd, Dec 10, 2007.

1. sir spaniourd

sir spaniourd Senior Member

Who has some news about Thursday's storm?
  2. sir spaniourd

Wait a second, there's another storm on Sunday now???:bluebounc
  3. 92XT

92XT Senior Member

umbrella storm here
  4. makplow

makplow Senior Member

Sir, The one on Sunday could be a wopper if the models hold true. You know as well as i do lets not get too excited yet. The Mad man Hen, is all hot and heavy on a monster storm.

5. sir spaniourd

i was just checking his comments about Monday's storm. this is going to be great.
  6. makplow

makplow Senior Member

92, I wouln't jinx your self yet. Keep a close watch and i hope you get buried with snow also.

7. StonewallFarms

StonewallFarms Member

Bring on the snow

Glad to see that NE has gotten back to a real winter season, i think already we have had more storms then we did last year.. looking forward to thursdays storm.

Just curious who do you use for weather forcasts, i use whdh.?

MOWBIZZ Senior Member

Good to see an old fashioned New England winter shaping up...now if only we can get out of this freezing rain/ice/just on the rain/snow line crap...!
    I want some SNOWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!
  9. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

Heavy Snow Thursday Night?

The forcast is heavy snow? I cant even remember what heavy snow is! Oh ya, heavy snow means rain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  10. TurbDies2500

TurbDies2500 Senior Member

It looks like Thurday will be moderate snowfall and If everything holds for sunday then we will have another huge one on sunday. Looks like we will get some hours in this week.
  11. tkrepairs

tkrepairs Senior Member
    from maine

tonight is supposed to be crappy with the rain and sleet stuff. it was about 5 degrees at my house this morning, and now its about 36. if it doesnt drop a bit it doesnt look good. i heard thursday was supposed to be similar but a little more on the snow side around here.
  12. 99zr2

99zr2 Senior Member

Same for us here to. Thursday moderate snow and then possibility of a big storm on Sunday but it has alot of uncertainty on it.
  13. WingPlow

WingPlow Senior Member

just caught the 5 30 local guy here, thursdays storm were looking at 4-6 inches

sundays all he said was stay tuned but it looks as of right now anyway that saturday night and sunday will be snowy
  14. javaman70

javaman70 Junior Member

Local weather her in NE PA says 2-3 Thursday and just saying snow Saturday and Sunday but not how much just yet. Possibly 1-2 feet :eek: but they will start giving more definite numbers later in the week.
  15. StonewallFarms

StonewallFarms Member

Possible Nor'easter

So word is out i just checked the blog on WHDH's weather, they are calling for a Nor'Easter with around 12'' already expected for sunday.. Keep yur fingers crossed:gunsfiring:
  16. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

Yea I just looked at the update to and Northern New Jersey is still in the 6-12 inch cat for sunday. "Madman" said the top end of storm will be 18 inches. I need that over here but of course it is going to change. Lets hope for the best until those final amounts get posted.
  17. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

I heard 3-6 for our north shore area and they're not saying for saturday to sunday yet but i've heard if it holds true, we will have to use a yard stick instead of a ruler:nod:

But lets just hope we aucully get to drop iron for they next few days. See you out there :salute: (knock on wood)
  18. TurbDies2500

TurbDies2500 Senior Member

Here is what it seems like the Thursday storm is going to bring. It looks pretty good to me. There isnt suppose to much mix north of conneticut. All snow.

19. javaman70

javaman70 Junior Member

Well NE PA just got put into a storm warning for Thursday 6-10inches in the Pocono's.
  20. Embalmer

Embalmer Senior Member

fox25 just upped the snow totals at 5:30 on TV for tomorrows storm to 6-10" in most of mass, with 10+ south of boston and central MA