1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

NE snow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by slplow, Feb 17, 2002.

1. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

Hay we might be working tonight . The forcast has gone from 1" to 3-6''. YA HO
  2. DaveO

DaveO PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Ma.

Our forecast went from 3"-5" to less than 1". This is for SE Mass. Will have to wait/see(another night up every hour to check).

3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

This could be interesting. Weatherbug is showing 1"-3" for this area this afternoon and evening. Haven't checked TWC. Is this a band of snow going by ME/NH/MA on out to sea? We'll either get nothing or 20":eek:
  4. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

there is system thats coming in from the west, and another low is supposed to form by cape cod sending snow bands back inland. i think its a question how far in those bands go. the heaviest snow here is supposed to be between 1 and 4 am although they said we will only get 1-2 inches tops.
  5. landman

landman Senior Member
    from NJ

NO WAY! The snow is coming to Jersey first and were building a big wall to keep it here tonight!!!!!:rolleyes:
  6. lawnkid

lawnkid Senior Member

Plow after it just stopped snowing

Here in Cleveland we got a bout 2" and on the higher elevation got about 4". If you don't plow right away it 's gonna melt and you're not gonna make any money. Plow it quick, It's melting here pretty fast and Iv'e only seen about 5 lots done cause it's melting quickly and it's a Sunday. Have fun!
  7. stslawncare

stslawncare Senior Member

atleast someone is getting snow, i know we aint, i was out mowing today!
  8. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

They have no idea what ,how much,or really what will happen I hear 10 different storm amounts from we will get burried to just and inch or two.?? does any one really know.
  9. Hmebuildr

Hmebuildr Senior Member

we went from 4-8 inches to nothing it rained all day and never got cold enough to snow cant push rain this winter stinks
  10. slplow

Well after all the forcast of 3-6 and 2-4 I got here zipe. Temp never went below 34 . To heck with this winter give me spring! Next winter will be better.( I HOPE)
  11. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Not really, they're pretty sure next year will be an El Nino, which brings exactly this winter's weather to the NE. Oh well. We'll really weed out the fly-by-nighters at least.
  12. litle green guy

litle green guy Senior Member

this winters done :( but if we don't atleast get some rain soon looks like the landscape season might be a bust too.
  13. slplow

BRL, I'll take EL NINO over this yr any day. Last el nino I plowed way more than this yr.
  14. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Yea I remember looking at the maps during the last El Nino & watching all of the snow storms skirt to the north. Lucky guys :(
    This winter has been exactly like our last El Nino, except we had a plowable snow this winter. We have had cold temps here & there but we are suffering a pretty bad drought at this time. I'll take rain at this point as overall any precipitation is more important than whether we plow or not.
  15. slplow

Very true BRL very true . I think all of the east needs some hard rain.
  16. TurfPlus

TurfPlus Senior Member

Last edited: Feb 19, 2002